Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March Medium/Long Range Thread: The Empire Strikes Back

stormtracker

42 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I think you'll like the new NAM.  base of trough/sw a little souther

Most definitely. A point of reference I’ve noticed…keep the h5 south of Chicago and we have a shot. It will turn southeast because of the block but it can’t get too far north before that happens. Or else we need it to be so suppressive it would kill it. There is no possible win that way. Keep the h5 track south of Chicago and we have a path. NAM is south. 

• Like 5

30 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Most definitely. A point of reference I’ve noticed…keep the h5 south of Chicago and we have a shot. It will turn southeast because of the block but it can’t get too far north before that happens. Or else we need it to be so suppressive it would kill it. There is no possible win that way. Keep the h5 track south of Chicago and we have a path. NAM is south. 

Step 1 looks like a check

Storm 2 is a miller B with better PNA domain going into it. Still though it would be nice if the damn pac could just slow down a little bit to allow storm 2 to dig farther west. That storm phased with the STJ, what a beauty. We need to
Back this ridge up so it’s closer to Idaho or so for it to be able to phase at our latitude.
fad54d1668f16756623052fad66c52e5.jpg

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I know it’s not the same setup, but with the way everything has cut this year, I’m not mad at that look., 

Yeah, I'm torn. I looked at that and was like, "F*CK. So typical this season!" And then, on a day like today (or yesterday), I'm like, "Hmmm. Yeah, I'm more ready for warmer springtime temps than I realized. Screw my achey sinuses, BRING IT, SPRING."

We are taking a rare road trip south into northern GA from Wed-Sun this week, and will need to plan a Sat/Sun return depending on what happens with Storm #1...and while I don't particularly want to DRIVE in marginal snow/ice back into NoVA, I am pulling for those of you here in the DMV to get something this weekend. God knows y'all deserve it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, vastateofmind said:

Yeah, I'm torn. I looked at that and was like, "F*CK. So typical this season!" And then, on a day like today (or yesterday), I'm like, "Hmmm. Yeah, I'm more ready for warmer springtime temps than I realized. Screw my achey sinuses, BRING IT, SPRING."

We are taking a rare road trip south into northern GA from Wed-Sun this week, and will need to plan a Sat/Sun return depending on what happens with Storm #1...and while I don't particularly want to DRIVE in marginal snow/ice back into NoVA, I am pulling for those of you here in the DMV to get something this weekend. God knows y'all deserve it.

Most likely will be unseasonably cold minus a couple days for at least 2 weeks starting in a few days, so won’t feel like spring anyway probably. Whether we get snow or not. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic