Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
2/28/23 storm threat

Rjay

22 minutes ago, mikem81 said:

Almost all models converging on heaviest axis of precip going right through the NYC metro area and areas just to the west with highest precip amounts

qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.png

qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.png

qpf_acc-imp.us_ne.png

That;'s why i'm pretty optimistic. I don't see much issues away from maybe the absolute immediate coastline as long as precip is heavy. 33 at night will easily get it done.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tatamy said:

I think the place to be for this event will in NY north of the Cuomo bridge and into CT.  I am looking at the 18z NAM and I think the amounts shown on the snowfall depth chart would be the ones to go with.  Anyone who is looking at 10:1 clown maps for snow fall amounts is going to be disappointed.  I just looked at a bunch of traffic cams out in western PA and every where I looked precip was not reaching the ground or was light rain (including elevated locations).  Wet bulbing will promote the changeover north of the city but elsewhere it will be mainly white rain (or a mix) and struggle to accumulate.

Cuomo Bridge?  You mean TapanZee.  While the cams you look at may show next to nothing once the coastal spins up coverage and intensity should fill in.

14 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

That;'s why i'm pretty optimistic. I don't see much issues away from maybe the absolute immediate coastline as long as precip is heavy. 33 at night will easily get it done.  

Interesting Lee Goldberg said that Montauk has a higher chance of all snow than JFK does because Montauk will get more influence from the coastal and will have NE winds while JFK wont get as much from the coastal and winds will be more easterly there.

• Like 3