Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Feb 28th-March 1st long duration Miller B threat

George001

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m a little nervous of that primary hanging on longer and longer, that’s a feature we don’t want to see over the next day or two. Given the season, I’m worried that’s what we may get though 

Is there ever a time you’re not worried. Lol. Nonstop worrying..must be a tough way to live. 

• Like 1

No where near thread worthy ... yet, but the 4th looms. 

The ICON is setting up a charming scenario in the E, fwinotw....  that model ends at 180 so we don't get to see... ( probably a good thing! lol -)

That period still nested in a general index signal, so it has the advantage both that, and having an object on maps.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, George001 said:

Yeah the models arent showing what the Euro did yesterday, but the important thing is they moved away from the cutter and are showing a Miller B now. Im not buying a progressive solution at all, in my opinion they will start trending back to yesterday’s Euro run over the next couple of days due to the blocking.

• Haha 2
  • Weenie 2

1 minute ago, Brian5671 said:

even further north-I would think that torches the midlevels...usually you want to see the primary die off in OH or maybe WV

I jokingly said in the NYC forum if you're between BDL and BDR right now I like the chances of the 25th event producing more snow than I do this one...or the system later next week.  I'd be surprised if this ended up being a major event even in a place like interior central CT

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, SnowGoose69 said:

I jokingly said in the NYC forum if you're between BDL and BDR right now I like the chances of the 25th event producing more snow than I do this one...or the system later next week.  I'd be surprised if this ended up being a major event even in a place like interior central CT

Wow…so it’s a non burger? 

• Weenie 1

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

I don't get these skeptical posts. Are you not looking at the evolution ,the confluence, the antecedent conditions, the huge amount of low dewpoints and cold air pumping in.  Models are all showing the same thing.

I think the NATL side setup is fine but the issue is I cannot see anything to argue for the system ejecting from the SW and Plains to come out flatter or weaker through the Midwest and Lakes which is really what everyone south of 90 or even along it needs 

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah ...I spoke of this in an earlier post, wrt model comparison... The previous Euro run was doing just that - reiterating.   It was slowing the field out ahead of the lead impulse, such that the Dakota's S/W was then forced to catch up...

But one additional aspect was that also in the previous Euro run it carried a bit more transient ridge expression through the west, too, which encourage the Dakota's S/W to dive more. 

Both those two facets appear to have backed away since, however.   - at least from what I'm observing ...

I'm actually beginning to wonder if this is just heading toward something similar to what we are encountering now...  It just smears out and ends up an active baroclinic field along the periphery/interface between the southern height wall and the cold Canadian source.

I can see that. 

I mean when it comes to the wave inhibiting strength of confluence I try to focus on where the deepest (relative) cold anomalies are. If they are collocated with the confluence, out ahead of the amplifying wave--and within the sphere of its would-be warm sector-- that's a pretty damn good indication it will not be able to bend north, in the face of it, and quickly concede to an earlier secondary. This of course is conditional that the confluence is anchored, which is what we are looking at in this case, with a strong -NAO developing.

gfs_T850_us_18.png

5 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I don't get these skeptical posts. Are you not looking at the evolution ,the confluence, the antecedent conditions, the huge amount of low dewpoints and cold air pumping in.  Models are all showing the same thing.

Well we got METS/and others selling everything at this point S of pike now? Who the F knows anymore…