Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2023 Obs/Disco

40/70 Benchmark

7 hours ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

At the company I worked for a while ago we didn't used to cancel for snowstorms. Then we got a new branch manager. He had made his secretary drive into work in NJ one snowy/icy day.  She was killed either coming into work or going home.   He never had people come in during snow/ice if he could avoid it after that.

We still did work in the snow though.  I recall being at a site on Beverly harbor when we were getting dumped on and the winds were awful.  I froze.  The ride back to Marlboro in a sketchy hazardous waste truck was not fun

I read that before…you must have posted that before. Also, I thought you were a teacher, Dave?   

Obviously some areas are going to come well below forecast,  but I'm fairly happy with the seasonal effort, overall...I feel like we could redo this season 100 more times and everyone would end up with more snowfall. I freely admit when I issue a horrible outlook,  but I don't feel that was the case this year. 

• Like 1

My impression after a quick look...probably something that will necessitate blogs from me, but will ultimately yield relatively little returns outside of the same areas that have seen it all season. Another deep energy dump out west, translates east and attenuates... blah, blah...please shoot me and make it stop.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

It can be very good here. Overall though ENSO is a bit overrated in New England. We don’t want super Ninos or super Ninas l, but outside of that, we can do pretty well in any other ENSO state. 

Generally agree, but I'll take weak el nino all else being equal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

My impression after a quick look...probably something that will necessitate blogs from me, but will ultimately yield relatively little returns outside of the same areas that have seen it all season. Another deep energy dump out west, translates east and attenuates... blah, blah...please shoot me and make it stop.

Euro stuff looks warmer. You won’t be blogging about cold rains lol. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Torch Tiger said:

Perpetual Mowvember since 4 moths ago.  It seems like 70% of days have been 20's night/40's day

The "heat" during the first part of November was a harbinger of things to come...  but the "heat" was downplayed by some individuals because it did not fit their narrative for winter 22-23....it has been a non winter.

F- grade for the winter 

38 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

The "heat" during the first part of November was a harbinger of things to come...  but the "heat" was downplayed by some individuals because it did not fit their narrative for winter 22-23....it has been a non winter.

F- grade for the winter 

It just so happens that this logic worked out this year, but it often does not....like in 2000. Claiming you knew winter would be mild because of a warm stretch in November sounds like BS to me, unless you had some research presented amongst the train of memes that I missed. Just like those claiming that they knew winter wouldn't be mild without anything to back it was BS.   This is as example of luck rather than any forecasting skill, per se.                       

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2