• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Nowcast and obs for Wednesday evening through Thursday night's wintry mix storm event.

Typhoon Tip

38 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Ya, with better than 10:1 loaf and SB could do 4-7" tonight. In which case the bust wouldn't be so bad, but I'm guessing there was a lot of disappointed skiers this morning who were expecting to wake up to 8-12". Hopefully for folks on vacation they wake up to a surprise tomorrow.

Someone else that didn't have weenie goggles got a hold of the map for overnight, Much more reasonable then the one earlier this morning.

StormTotalSnowWeb15.jpg

45 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

Ya, with better than 10:1 loaf and SB could do 4-7" tonight. In which case the bust wouldn't be so bad, but I'm guessing there was a lot of disappointed skiers this morning who were expecting to wake up to 8-12". Hopefully for folks on vacation they wake up to a surprise tomorrow.

I know there were some disappointed snowmobilers.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Agreed.  Also depends if tonight's round is included in those though too.

Like this is what the GFS has from 12pm today onward.  I always was including the second round in the forecast but I looked at BTV ended their initial forecast this afternoon which wouldn't include this stuff.  I think most of the ski areas can get another 2-4" tonight... but the northern tier busted badly last night.  CoCoRAHS around Jay Peak was only 1-2" on both stations.

gfs-deterministic-neng-precip_24hr_inch-7258000.thumb.png.5de2cbab3ef79330baa9a8b2d83b9f97.png

That 0.3" qpf with the storm #1's 15:1 ratio would be very nice, but 2-4 is the logical forecast.