• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey

Winter's gonna have to do an awful lot of remedial homework to avoid that F.

AC009-1801%20Using%20Programs%20Over%20W

As for the ill will engendered with some of the other members here, that ship sailed long ago. But I'm willing to forgive if I see the effort made.

Also 4" snow last night at 1k feet in Glen, NH.  Significant underperformer. Snow chase fail.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I'd rather us just torch and be completely done with this god awful winter. 

The blocking will just make March/April miserable. 

It will come down to the RNA strength as the AO goes negative. If the models trend stronger with the RNA we warm, the opposite we snow. 

15 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

A little frustrating that the models have one batch of precip missing us to the north saturday and another batch missing to the south. We could be the screw zone in the middle with just flurries here. Not that it would be anything more than a minor event, but it would be nice to take advantage of the rare cold air saturday and have a wintry day with a little accumulating snow. Not looking good right now, but as you said there's still a chance. Enough time for it to trend back to being a half inch to 1 inch light snow event for us. 

That is a classic system where models will underestimate any overrunning til very late...the southern area is gonna miss but I'd watch inside 48 to see if suddenly we start seeing a widespread area of light snows from CNJ into SNE...the Euro has been showing it somewhat and the RGEM/NAM did last night before losing it today

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, jm1220 said:

If this winter’s not an F I can’t think of one that possibly could be. Flowers shooting up in mid February and bugs everywhere sitting on generously 1.5” for the season and no real threat to speak of (I don’t consider 2/28 a real threat yet where I am unless by some miracle it trends away from being another crap SWFE). Whatever takes this horse behind the barn and puts it out of its misery sooner, the better. GTFO “Winter” 22-23. 

If the professor were grading this winter on a curve, even taking into consideration the few cold days that we had it would still be an F,,, how about a double F ?

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Gravity Wave said:

It was seen as 2nd to the Euro by most for a long time, and the Canadian was hardly discussed. Times change!

Pretty sure the UK is still 2nd, although those model verification scores are typically based on 500 mbar temps/pressures, iirc, and I don't know if we have accuracy scores on what all of us want, i.e., on NE US winter storms (I've asked some pros before and nobody has said we have that kind of data).  

Euro does give us a coating saturday. As Snowgoose said, we probably have a better chance of seeing a little snow on the ground saturday than we do for next week's storm. At least we have cold air saturday if we can get a little moisture in here. Hopefully the models will beef that up a little as it gets closer. Next week's storm will probably end up as rain like all our other borderline events this winter. Hard to be optimistic about these storms that don't have decent cold air in place. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

Euro does give us a coating saturday. As Snowgoose said, we probably have a better chance of seeing a little snow on the ground saturday than we do for next week's storm. At least we have cold air saturday if we can get a little moisture in here. Hopefully the models will beef that up a little as it gets closer. Next week's storm will probably end up as rain like all our other borderline events this winter. Hard to be optimistic about these storms that don't have decent cold air in place. 

Yea I was a bit more optimistic when the models were trending south but now that they are back north its pretty much over for Tuesday south of I84 and west of the CT border, we've seen this song and dance so many times I'm expecting another 50-100 mile north tick from where everything is right now. Maybe we'll be surprised but no reason to think otherwise. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Yea I was a bit more optimistic when the models were trending south but now that they are back north its pretty much over for Tuesday south of I84 and west of the CT border, we've seen this song and dance so many times I'm expecting another 50-100 mile north tick from where everything is right now. Maybe we'll be surprised but no reason to think otherwise. 

It's just the beginning of the Blocking period which usually favors the NE given the block is still east based. Our window is after.