• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

Things seem to being looking good still overnight hope trends continue, neighbor running his snow blower yesterday, (he knows I'm a winter person), I said what's up? He said putting it in the shed, were done for the season ,  his shed is tighter then a snails ass, he had everything out to jam it back into to storage.

Please let us get a good storm!

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, 512high said:

Things seem to being looking good still overnight hope trends continue, neighbor running his snow blower yesterday, (he knows I'm a winter person), I said what's up? He said putting it in the shed, were done for the season ,  his shed is tighter then a snails ass, he had everything out to jam it back into to storage.

Putting away the snow blower in mid-February in southern New Hampshire…got nobody to blame but himself if he has to dig it back out to deal with a snowstorm. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, 512high said:

You tried to warn him...he porked.

• Haha 1

...More conversations from the gym...

Today, a guy was telling me how warm it is going to be today, and tomorrow, followed by, "I can't imagine how hot it is going to be the summer", and, additional global warming talk.  I told him, "I don't think it works that way", then went back to minding my own business (tying my shoe, and pretending to be on my phone).  He caught the next guy's ear and said, "Just think, if we go up another 10 degrees each month we will be at 110 degrees for July, and more for August".  The other guy said, "Well, it might get cold again in a few weeks".  The first guy responds, "Well, that's just my math, and I will change it if I need to, but right now, the summer looks to be really hot"

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

Today, a guy was telling me how warm it is going to be today, and tomorrow, followed by, "I can't imagine how hot it is going to be the summer", and, additional global warming talk.  I told him, "I don't think it works that way", then went back to minding my own business (tying my shoe, and pretending to be on my phone).  He caught the next guy's ear and said, "Just think, if we go up another 10 degrees each month we will be at 110 degrees for July, and more for August".  The other guy said, "Well, it might get cold again in a few weeks".  The first guy responds, "Well, that's just my math, and I will change it if I need to, but right now, the summer looks to be really hot"

LOL I will change it if I need to. :lol:    You can't really blame people who just don't know weather. 

3 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

I hear ya, when people I don't know well pontificate to me about weather or CC, I pretend to know nothing, and just nod in agreement.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Misty and cloudy here. 

check out 12z hrrr gets to 65-70 before the rain moves in around 2-4pm tomorrow.  It’s really a damn shame the rain has to come and ruin what could have been widespread 70s. 

E54A3550-4356-4B9A-B7CC-07BCE0CA3C77.png

that was intended as pissy sarcasm...

it's rectal glue

that said, hi res vis sat has clearing punching east pretty fast out of NY.   may be a huge diurnal change today?    seems both the climb out of the diurnal well, plus a synoptic change sweeping through during the morning might combine for a lot of deg change.  we'll see.  

it always seems in this god forsaken cold anus hole region of the country like the worst of any shit air finds a way compress right against a warm boundary...

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's rectal glue

that said, hi res vis sat has clearing punching east pretty fast out of NY.   may be a huge diurnal change today?    seems both the climb out of the diurnal well, plus a synoptic change sweeping through during the morning might combine for a lot of deg change.  we'll see.  

it always seems in this god forsaken cold anus hole region of the country like the worst of any shit air finds a way compress right against a warm boundary...

Lol oops shoulda looked at satellite.

Looks like clearing entering NW CT.

32F89B59-06C1-4359-9797-78A5383B81C9.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Misty and cloudy here. 

check out 12z hrrr gets to 65-70 before the rain moves in around 2-4pm tomorrow.  It’s really a damn shame the rain has to come and ruin what could have been widespread 70s. 

E54A3550-4356-4B9A-B7CC-07BCE0CA3C77.png

I am glad that I am going to experience that 68F...Now, I won't have to go chasing heat.  Praying for a bust, and we get to 70F

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's rectal glue

that said, hi res vis sat has clearing punching east pretty fast out of NY.   may be a huge diurnal change today?    seems both diurnal well recovery, plus a synoptic change sweeping through during the morning might combine for a lot of deg change.  we'll see.  

Clouds beginning to thin here, sun should be out within the hour. 34 here at the moment, but 40-45 elsewhere. Should be 60-65 today assuming clouds don't build back in later

12 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

it's rectal glue

You had me at rectal glue...

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

Clouds beginning to thin here, sun should be out within the hour. 34 here at the moment, but 40-45 elsewhere. Should be 60-65 today assuming clouds don't build back in later

I'm buckin for a 70 tomorrow.. heh.

seriously though, the numbers on the NAM grid would support a positive bust over machine guidance ( MOS MET and the MAV for that matter ) at sites like KBED/KFIT/KASH... up our way. Unless your wind veers more S, can't imagine it's cooler down there..

But it has +12C at 900 mb the last several cycles between 18z and sunset tomorrow, with 700 and 500 mb RH fields < 50%...   Light west wind... I mean these parameters assert warmer than most 2-meter products post Feb 10 sun intensity, and I like the challenge that happens at this time of year, where it's predictable both that the MOS coverage will lag ...but, human interpolation appears to not have testicles big enough to put up on their graphics...  

I'd even call 68 at KFIT to KASH a relative win in this regard...  We'll see

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

FWIW the PV now splits at 50mb on the EPS. Seems like a top down type deal is being shown.

Blocking is already retrograding some at the end of the EPS....still a ways out, but we're starting to see evidence that we might actually get a more sustained -NAO.

• Like 4