Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    17,541
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Newest Member
    Gonzalez Brittany
    Joined

Jan 28-29th Baroclinic Rider


Chicago Storm
 Share

Recommended Posts

here is another example of bullshit NWS forecasting out of Milwaukee:

TONIGHT  
SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW  
ACCUMULATION 2 TO 8 INCHES. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 18.  
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

this is embarrassing. I'm sorry, you just cannot pull this stuff. What happend to forecasting, and if you bust...own it?

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Baum said:

here is another example of bullshit NWS forecasting out of Milwaukee:

TONIGHT  
SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW  
ACCUMULATION 2 TO 8 INCHES. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 18.  
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

this is embarrassing. I'm sorry, you just cannot pull this stuff. What happend to forecasting, and if you bust...own it?

I like how they have a giant range in snow amounts but give an exact temp for the whole night. :lol:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Baum said:

as of now have not heard one impressive total out of this. We've learned to appreciate water out of a turnip. And radar doesn't really depict a big influx for a dramatic uptick.

Seems to be in line with this winter

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Baum said:

as of now have not heard one impressive total out of this. We've learned to appreciate water out of a turnip. And radar doesn't really depict a big influx for a dramatic uptick.

Widespread 3-6" reports across NE IA/S WI/N IL thus far. Things are going about as expected at this point.

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

We've been exclusively freezing rain for over 2 hours now.  The glazing has capped off the blowing snow potential DVN was concerned about earlier.  

Looks like our snow total will finish with 1.0", which brings us to 12.0" for the season.  We'll see what the last half of Feb and March does, but it's looking like it's gonna be another sub 20" season if trends continue.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

MCHENRY-  
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF CRYSTAL LAKE, ALGONQUIN, MCHENRY,   
AND WOODSTOCK  
912 PM CST SAT JAN 28 2023  
   
..WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 3 AM CST SUNDAY  
  
   
REST OF TONIGHT  
SNOW AND A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN LATE IN THE  
EVENING, THEN SNOW LIKELY AND A CHANCE OF FREEZING RAIN AFTER  
MIDNIGHT. PATCHY BLOWING AND DRIFTING SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION  
AROUND AN INCH.
NEW ICE ACCUMULATION AROUND A TRACE. LOWS AROUND  
17. NORTHEAST WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF PRECIPITATION NEAR  
100 PERCENT.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, TheNiño said:

Pile up on I-90 in Wisconsin. Never fails: 

 

This was the other day right at my exit of the highway 3 min from home... was crazy... went from 100% viz, to ZERO Vis  in seconds .. all that snow you see on the ground fell in a matter of a minute ... was like driving into a wall of white . 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, steve23guy said:

This was the other day right at my exit of the highway 3 min from home... was crazy... went from 100% viz, to ZERO Vis  in seconds .. all that snow you see on the ground fell in a matter of a minute ... was like driving into a wall of white . 

Ah I thought it was from today thanks for clarifying. Hope nobody was seriously hurt.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Baum said:

here is another example of bullshit NWS forecasting out of Milwaukee:

TONIGHT  
SNOW. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 2 TO 5 INCHES. TOTAL SNOW  
ACCUMULATION 2 TO 8 INCHES. NEAR STEADY TEMPERATURE AROUND 18.  
NORTH WINDS 10 TO 15 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.

this is embarrassing. I'm sorry, you just cannot pull this stuff. What happend to forecasting, and if you bust...own it?

MILWAUKEE-  
INCLUDING THE CITY OF MILWAUKEE  
331 AM CST SUN JAN 29 2023  
  
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT UNTIL 6 AM CST EARLY THIS  
MORNING...  
   
EARLY THIS MORNING  
SNOW SHOWERS LIKELY. NEW SNOW ACCUMULATION  
UP TO 1 INCH. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION 1 TO 5 INCHES. NORTH WINDS  
15 TO 20 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW 70 PERCENT.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...