Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

18 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Sell. Most should be expecting white rain.

18 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I’m honestly so sick of this shit stain winter. We’ve successfully rifled through the fraud five over the last few months trying to manufacture some snow out of a shit sandwich.

I’d rather it be 60 degrees with no chance than 35 degree rain hoping to flip to some slop tomorrow afternoon.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Temp down to 31, road now covered here. 1.5 or so on the deck railing 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pounding 

Have you ever considered property ownership in the great state of Connecticut?

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, PowderBeard said:

2.5" more in the past hour. Just over 15". The "weather station" at our kiddo's school in New Gloucester was at 16".

Frick, looking at my home cam I figured we got ~6" since I cleared this morning, so was expecting ~12", but based on your locale  to mine, could be similar. Although we get suckered sometimes on the hill. Will find out soon enough.

20 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

Frick, looking at my home cam I figured we got ~6" since I cleared this morning, so was expecting ~12", but based on your local  to mine, could be similar. Although we get suckered sometimes on the hill. Will find out soon enough.

There were two short breaks from about 8-9am and 11:30 - 12:30 here. I figured light to moderate snow this afternoon and evening but it has been some of the heaviest of the day, other than that 2.25" from 10-11am. We have got about 11" from when I cleared around 6:30 this morning. 

just Currier and Ives scene out there and grass cancel... happy for those who were in the goods, saving some from the basement and sad for others who still have yet to break anything... perhaps we'll get a surprise this year and get a region wide event that buries all, but I'll take my whitening and be happy heading back to Florida Fri so, may be the last I see for some time

This event really seems to have the hallmarks of a lateral quasi-stationary (think parallel) band transitioning to a pivot. The orientation of that departing equatorward jet streak was definitely more SW/NE than WNW/ESE, which tends to promote that parallel band riding along storm track. That's what I think it pumping our highest totals up over a foot, pushing 18", vs a more uniform 6-10" followed by the pivot.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

This event really seems to have the hallmarks of a lateral quasi-stationary (think parallel) band transitioning to a pivot. The orientation of that departing equatorward jet streak was definitely more SW/NE than WNW/ESE, which tends to promote that parallel band riding along storm track. That's what I think it pumping our highest totals up over a foot, pushing 18", vs a more uniform 6-10" followed by the pivot.

Of yore

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nice you got over 3.5”. Might be able to nudge it up to 4” with that last band rotating down. 

I was thinking 3-4 “ after everything kind of locked in on that little weenie band down thru TOL county the last 24 hours. But this winter I also had doubts .

Hoping we can stay in 30’s after the thump Wednesday and keep at least some snow otg 

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I was thinking 3-4 “ after everything kind of locked in on that little weenie band down thru TOL county the last 24 hours. But this winter I also had doubts .

Hoping we can stay in 30’s after the thump Wednesday and keep at least some snow otg 

Hard not to have doubts, but congrats. Good to see you get a solid snow. 

12 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

I'm interpreting this as a good old fashion nice storm for my non-met brain.;)

2 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

I'm interpreting this as a good old fashion nice storm for my non-met brain.;)

And I'm trying to tease out why we're going to miss low on the forecast, especially with totals in a relatively narrow band that are pushing some real deal snowstorm numbers. This time yesterday was just moving from a 6-8" event to 8-12" for portions of the area, and some are going to end up 15-18". 

• Like 1