Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 8th-9th Snow Threat

DarkSharkWX

6 hours ago, NorthArlington101 said:

probably not though @high riskusually chimes in at some point to say the snow depth map is wrong too. I'll take Kuchera and roll with the punches when it underdelivers a bit come snow time... if snow time comes.

Actually, it warms my heart to see so many people posting the accumulated snow depth maps, as the 10:1 maps are for sure going to be inflated.    That said, while I strongly support the snow depth products, they can run low in events in which the soil is warm.    If we can hold off the snow until dinner time and get some decent rates, it might stick a bit ore efficiently than the snow depth maps show.      Not a fan of the Kuchera.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Actually, it warms my heart to see so many people posting the accumulated snow depth maps, as the 10:1 maps are for sure going to be inflated.    That said, while I strongly support the snow depth products, they can run low in events in which the soil is warm.    If we can hold off the snow until dinner time and get some decent rates, it might stick a bit ore efficiently than the snow depth maps show.      Not a fan of the Kuchera.

Appreciate you weighing in - seriously! Fingers crossed we have a reason to use those maps come tomorrow.
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, TSSN+ said:

The models have been flat out awful the past few years and this year seems to be the worst. Models can’t even keep the same solution for 6hrs for a 48-60hr out system. 

Ive been saying this for years every since the major update to models I think in 2016 they have got worse. Yet people just call me a weanie haha 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic