Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

6 hours ago, sn0w said:

Cigar with some whiskey on the front porch right around 9 or 10 tonight sounds just about right. Gotta enjoy potentially the only "real" snowfall of the season to its fullest.

Cigar is winding down and i may go reload... Cant beat the peace of falling snow at night

• Like 3

It was ~6" before the real melt started. Due to warm ground this stuff was melting from the bottom right away so it was stupid heavy to shovel. I chose to pull the cars out of the driveway and clean them in the street so I didn't have to shovel the stuff and got lucky because the street was closed because of an accident so there was no traffic while I did it. As soon as the truck was cleared a plow came through and cleaned up my mess :thumbsup: 

The snow hasn't stopped yet but it stopped accumulating at sunrise, it's just been white rain since but it looks nice. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, wishcast_hater said:

What's the story with Friday/Saturday threat?  The Metro forum isnt discussing which leads me to believe its a non event. 

For the Metro Forum Which seems to continually get further and further south of New York City which other than Walt completely ignore the north it’s totally a nonevent. As Julian alluded to it still holds some interest for us but more and more limited the further south from 84 you go.

i’ve never quite understood why the New York City forum caters so much to the south and central jersey, Philadelphia and other regions south. There’s a Philadelphia Metro forum which encompasses south and central Jersey and there’s a separate mid Atlantic forum, yet the New York City forum seems to be more and more encompassing all of them.

I think it’s time for anywhere 40 miles north and north east of the city to be annexed by the New England forum. We certainly have a lot more in common with their weather than New York City, LI and the coastal plain and western Long Island. Northeastern Long Island and the northshore probably has more in common with the southern New England crew.

Just random thoughts on a mild foggy day where I’m losing much of what was a 7 1/2 inch snowpack a couple of days ago. 

12 minutes ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

For the Metro Forum Which seems to continually get further and further south of New York City which other than Walt completely ignore the north it’s totally a nonevent. As Julian alluded to it still holds some interest for us but more and more limited the further south from 84 you go. 

i’ve never quite understood why the New York City forum caters so much to the south and central jersey, Philadelphia and other regions south. There’s a Philadelphia Metro forum which encompasses south and central Jersey and there’s a separate mid Atlantic forum, yet the New York City forum seems to be more and more encompassing all of them. 

I think it’s time for anywhere 40 miles north and north east of the city to be annexed by the New England forum. We certainly have a lot more in common with their weather than New York City, LI and the coastal plain and western Long Island. Eastern Long Island probably has more in common with the southern New England crew. 

Just random thoughts on a mild foggy day where I’m losing much of what was a 7 1/2 inch snowpack a couple of days ago. 

Living at the bottom of Westchester my climo is not that similar to yours or the immediate coast but definitely track the interior storms because like to go snow chasing. There hasn't been much opportunity even for that this winter. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

So I need a quick refresher. Soaking rain in the morning followed by full sun and temps racing toward 50... good for the pack or bad? 

I'd have to go with bad.

Of course this time of year, when according to some the sun angle can roast a medium sized turkey in under an hour, it's even worse.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

I think it’s time for anywhere 40 miles north and north east of the city to be annexed by the New England forum. We certainly have a lot more in common with their weather than New York City, LI and the coastal plain and western Long Island. Northeastern Long Island and the northshore probably has more in common with the southern New England crew.

Good afternoon CP. those random thoughts are quite good. I’ve often wondered how a Coastal Plains forum, extending from Canada to the tip of Florida would work. The New England forum has an unofficial NNE/ NSE  and a transitional middle ground. The Coastal Plains group could work the same way. I doubt there would be much if any support for such a proposal. In existence it would make for some lively discussions. The moderators would have to be on salary with bonus incentives. A black belt in vernacular combat might also be a requirement. Stay well, as always …

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

My area of north Jersey is not dissimilar; that’s why I am glad we have this sub-forum. Of course my weather is also vastly different from the 84 corridor on the borderline events.

But for NJ, I am 37 miles west/northwest of Manhattan. Elevation is 750’ asl. I use MMU for the most part, but they are lower in elevation. 

• Like 1