Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

So I need a quick refresher. Soaking rain in the morning followed by full sun and temps racing toward 50... good for the pack or bad? 

The Euro looked like I may have got a touch colder?  I didn't dive into it though.  My pack is bullet proof....

I can't back that up.

1 hour ago, Juliancolton said:

At least we haven't gotten the extra hour of sun from DST yet :)

You laugh but that's why the tulips and daffodils bloom ya know!

14 minutes ago, wishcast_hater said:

I’m north of 84 by about 10 miles. We Definitely need a forum more dedicated to us folks up here. I lived in Yonkers for almost 20 years and the NY Metro forum was fine for me because of the proximity but things are vastly different up here.

That's why we have this thread.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

The Euro looked like I may have got a touch colder?  I didn't dive into it though.  My pack is bullet proof....

It did although still not great. This could be a snow profile with strong enough precip rates, which we don't really get on that run. A little elevation will help prolong the frozen, as you expect this time of year. 

download-16.png

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

It did although still not great. This could be a snow profile with strong enough precip rates, which we don't really get on that run. A little elevation will help prolong the frozen, as you expect this time of year. 

download-16.png

I believe this comes in after sundown tomorrow. So this could help somewhat. 

1 hour ago, rclab said:

Good afternoon CP. those random thoughts are quite good. I’ve often wondered how a Coastal Plains forum, extending from Canada to the tip of Florida would work. The New England forum has an unofficial NNE/ SSE  and a transitional middle ground. The Coastal Plains group could work the same way. I doubt there would be much if any support for such a proposal. In existence it would make for some lively discussions. The moderators would have to be on salary with bonus incentives. A black belt in vernacular combat might also be a requirement. Stay well, as always …

I'm not paying Bx one cent more than he gets now :grinch:

• Haha 3

2-4 followed by a pinger blast looks pretty locked in by this point, the chatter around next weekend takes me back to around the time of the Pi Day 2017 blizzard, still one of the nuttiest storms I’ve ever personally witnessed. Solid 1-2” an hour for 15 hours left behind 27” at my house and I still swear there was a point that morning when it snowed briefly at 4-6” an hour 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

So if you get the warm fuzzies it will actually be colder...noted.

Good late afternoon Rob. I almost got the warm fuzzies but I was lucky enough to see the warning film in Basic Training. before my first leave, Stay well, as always ….

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, rclab said:

Good late afternoon Rob. I almost got the warm fuzzies but I was lucky enough to see the warning film in Basic Training. before my first leave, Stay well, as always ….

And I don’t think you’re joking either!  Thanks for the laugh Rich. Looks to be a true mixed bag up here tonight only to be washed away I’m guessing. 

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, gravitylover said:

33/32/NE3 mixed drizzle and white rain I had no sleet accumulation even though it came down really hard, the rain was more significant. There is a little bit where it washed into sheltered spots but nothing otherwise. What an ugly, cold, dreary morning :(

on the plus side a really nice week of weather coming up, sunny and 50s?

49 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

Oh it's what I see on my TWC LR forecast...it's sunny pretty much every day from Sunday to next Friday, aside from Tuesday.

On my TWC for Highland Mills I see 47 for tomorrow and Monday and nothing above 43 for the 10 days after that. Your south shore bias coming into play.