Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

5 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Aye, turning nice here too now. 46F, maybe making a run at 50?

Side note, maple sap is running like crazy. Today I'm making the final push on getting the last of the lights down, and every scuff or snapped twig on my sugar maples releases a torrent. Makes me wanna tap a couple buckets. 

Maybe this is why there are so many birds around?

Even a lot of woodpeckers this year so far

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

...down to 32, less than two hours after the high. Impressive drop. 

I love this kind of dry air, perfect skies perfect day.

We get this in the fall sometimes too-- I think it was a couple of Novembers ago we had a week straight of highs near 70 and lows near freezing lol.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

I love this kind of dry air, perfect skies perfect day.

We get this in the fall sometimes too-- I think it was a couple of Novembers ago we had a week straight of highs near 70 and lows near freezing lol.

Yeah, I love big diurnal swings. If there are no storm systems around, give me a lunar airmass that falls off a cliff at sunset. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

Yeah, I love big diurnal swings. If there are no storm systems around, give me a lunar airmass that falls off a cliff at sunset. 

Great for astronomy and astrophotography too.

I was in the Poconos that time we had that huge swing for a whole week in November.  Sweating during the day working outside and cold enough to get the fireplace going as soon as the sun went down lol.

3 hours ago, gravitylover said:

I'm not usually one to complain :clown: but this has been a pretty boring stretch of weather the last few months. I mean, there have been a few bright spots and some learning opportunities but as a whole it's been just ho hum. 

Yeah, I get that it's good for heating bills and the well-being of life and property, but as a wx fan, real slog of a year. I guess it makes you appreciate the fun stuff more. 

Topping out at 49 so far today. Just a few minutes of thinner cirrus needed to clock another 50 day. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Second of (likely) five days in a row with highs >= 55. That's 21 days at or above 50 since the start of met. winter. Pretty wild.

20 days here as of yesterday, 21 now as its already 56 at 10:37am...  I was down in Texas over the weekend and it was warmer here on Friday at least, and close another day or two.  

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Time to hoist the STFu flag again for me.  After an OK December I hadn't really paid attention but I believe my seasonal total is at 10.2" (I can confirm at home).  12.1" from '15-'16 is my record low snowfall.  This season has a fighting chance to set the new record IMO.

9.2" here against 18.5" in 15-16. I would think I'm climatologically favored to stay ahead (behind?) at this point. 

The warmth today is a little meh locally. 58 so far. 

I’m usually the type that will take snow during any month, just to add to totals, but after this miserable whatever it was, certainly not winter, should there be a snowy cold March, which is 100 to 1 against at this point I would just look at it like mother nature giving us the middle finger.

That sentence was for too long. I probably should’ve made it three or four sentences.

• Like 1