Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

23 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

My daffodils have been sprouting on and off since early December. It seems to happen more every year but maybe I'm just paying more attention now

I remember we had snow encrusted daffodils in April 2003.  It didn't look like the snow damaged them at all and they looked pretty with some snow on them.

• Like 2

Possibly of little interest to the nw-ne suburbs forum due to the minuscule expectations but modeling is amping slightly for early Tuesday.

It's possible there will be fairly widespread 1 tenth to 6 tenths inch snow accumulation in nw NJ - Sussex County as well as much of the I84 corridor excepting valleys. I suspect there will need to be road treatments in northern Sussex County NJ Tuesday morning as well as in CT/se NYS and of course ne PA. That could result in 1-2 hour school delays Tuesday morning. We'll have to wait and see but treated surfaces should be mostly wet. Just be alert when stepping out of doors ne PA, far nw NJ into se NYS and much of interior CT at dawn Tuesday as temps drop below freezing with either on going snow-sleet, or wintry precip having just quit but icing up in the hour around sunrise. 

• Like 2

Exciting: Wantage NJ. So far 0.1" snowfall this morning Jan 31, probably since about 345A. pavement so far generally wet with possibly slight slippery spots. 30F. Was 45 here at 1035P last eve before dropped sharply. snowflakes mostly small. 

More this morning here in Wantage til about 7A.

Am pretty sure of another 1-4 hour period of light snow or flurries  much of NYC subforum tomorrow morning between 1A-8A. LI might pick up spotty 1" at worst.  

Does NYC-CP measure: probably not today tho should see snow-sleet 7A-9A, and maybe a flurry at Noon today.  Tomorrow morning could be a slightly better chance of 0.1"?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

For the first time I have no days in January with a high temp below freezing.  The closest I came was high of 34 on 1/11 and 1/14. January 2020 had 4, that had been the record.  January 2009 had the most with 19.  My winter records here go back to 2006.  

I dont think there any even if we went back to the 70s and 80s with those older records.  

• Like 2

When there's no post since Tuesday you know we are in the middle of what is so far an all time stinker of a winter. We can't even seem to get the one cold day right. Looks like we may not even go below zero tomorrow night.

As I do get older though the cold without snow on the ground, or better yet falling from the sky, is starting to seem more and more superfluous.

I added that just so I could use the word superfluous.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

When there's no post since Tuesday you know we are in the middle of what is so far an all time stinker of a winter. We can't even seem to get the one cold day right. Looks like we may not even go below zero tomorrow night.

As I do get older though the cold without snow on the ground, or better yet falling from the sky, is starting to seem more and more superfluous.

I added that just so I could use the word superfluous.

Just 8 more days are so and we are back into an October sun angle.  Why do I mention that?  Because that means at some point this month sunlight will once again bounce off the building and into the window of my pit on the edge of hell, a.k.a. my office.   

• Like 4