Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

2 hours ago, gravitylover said:

Green grass, buds budding, leaves crackly and crunchy on the surface, birds chirping, squirrels playing, mosquitoes doing mosquito things and gnats swarming along with what mud there was drying up sure does make it feel spring like. I also foresee 'drought 23' being a thing. 

Definitely a concern. We need the snowpack, especially by the reservoirs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, hudsonvalley21 said:

Definitely a concern. We need the snowpack, especially by the reservoirs.

I think warm season drought is just gonna be an annual thing during years without big tropical intrusions. You either get a stalled subtrop in June and then a hurricane PRE late summer, or you have water restrictions. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Juliancolton said:

I'm old enough to remember when this weekend was supposed to be cold. 

Someone posted in the main thread a couple of days ago how even in a good winter we go through stretches like we have this February, really?

I'm old enough to remember taking my jacket off in February because I couldn't believe it was in the high 40's. Low to mid 60's in January and February for several days, with 50's every third or  fourth day, I never remember anything close.

• Thanks 2

8 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

Someone posted in the main thread a couple of days ago how even in a good winter we go through stretches like we have this February, really?

I'm old enough to remember taking my jacket off in February because I couldn't believe it was in the high 40's. Low to mid 60's in January and February for several days, with 50's every third or  fourth day, I never remember anything close.

Funny thing is it was near 70 this time last year too

8 hours ago, CPcantmeasuresnow said:

also, that person needs to better define what they mean by "stretch"..... this "stretch" has lasted the vast majority of 2 months.

4 minutes ago, Hitman said:

Tbh I didn’t know what it was except that it was frozen

It actually reminded me of May 2020 in the Poconos, I don't know if you remember that but we had rain changing to snow (small accumulation) and snow squalls the next day the whole day (Saturday) wind chills around 0 temps in the teens....and then two days later it quickly warmed up and we had small hail which I saw accumulate on my pool cover and deck.

Fun weekend of weather....but much better for May than February.