Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
December 2022 Medium-Long Range Disco

WxUSAF

20 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

There is no reason to not want to be in the bullseyes besides superstition, we don’t want a spread of the ensembles that shows cutters 

At this range, a spread of ensembles that show cutters is fine. The changes that will determine what happens with our storm probably can't be resolved that well this far out (eg +PNA and the extent of it)

1 minute ago, AtlanticWx said:

At this range, a spread of ensembles that show cutters is fine. The changes that will determine what happens with our storm probably can't be resolved that well this far out (eg +PNA and the extent of it)

I understand that spread is to be expected but it would probably be for the best if the ensembles would begin to phase out the cutters

24 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

There is no reason to not want to be in the bullseyes besides superstition, we don’t want a spread of the ensembles that shows cutters 

I will take my chances with something trying to cut into that block. I mean you simply cannot ask for a better setup for us to get plastered than this. It is pretty much text book perfection. 

gfs-ens_z500a_namer_30.png

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, SnowenOutThere said:

I understand that spread is to be expected but it would probably be for the best if the ensembles would begin to phase out the cutters

We're 7 days out, they'll have time to phase out the cutters and tbh ensembles have been flip flopping on support for a cutter - can't really ride or die w/ one run.

1 minute ago, IUsedToHateCold said:

This. If temps are in the low 20s sun angle hardly matters. You might lose a very small amount to it. 

Seen it plenty of times in our prime backloaded winters. Snow otg in early March survives nicely when temps are in the mid to upper 20s on a sunny day. Ofc at most that lasts one day.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, cbmclean said:

It could use a 50/50 low

Hence "pretty much". Nice catch by the way. :)

Edit: Those higher heights are really just an extension of the Baffin block. Not really an issue. Although we are parsing day 8 maps because we are weenies. 

Edit #2: That really reminds me of 2010.

gfs-ens_z500a_atl_31.png

2 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Once some get a sniff of the good stuff, concern sets in that it can't be real, and rationalization begins.

That young kid Colin from years ago was the absolute worst but there are two on here now that rival him...I mean what a miserable existence 

• Like 3

Couple interesting - AO records broken for the first half of December.  

Posted this evening from Don Sutherland:

The preliminary Arctic Oscillation (AO) was -3.216 today. December 1-15 has experienced the strongest AO block on record for the first half of December. The AO averaged a preliminary -2.908 (old record: -2.138, 1985) with 8 days at or below -3.000 (old record: 6 days, 1966).

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2