Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

38 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

4 celebrating our win over Iran . You?

Yea buddy. It’s been a great day. Hung on and got lucky in the end but we should have pounded them in the first half. Regardless, it’s all about the results. Big test coming on Saturday but at this point, we’re free rolling. Young team not expected to beat Holland, we have nothing to lose. LFG.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Everyone should be excited about the pattern coming up. We haven't had blocking like this in a long time.

We had blocking last December(I don’t know if this blocking is progged to be more stout than last December)…but we also had a record -PNA at the same time, which killed us.  This looks much different in that regard.  

And it is nice to see a good pattern setting up as we approach our climo stride in SNE. 

33 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Tougher call for these parts. Couple degrees here or there mean a lot. It doesn’t mean I have an issue with what I see, but you need the ingredients to come together and we’ll never see that coming until you get within 5 days or so of any potential. 

Our potential really starts to go Up climo wise after the 15th or so. Give me a good high and I’ll be bullish. 

Climo goes up when pattern breaks down towards Christmas :lol:

1 hour ago, DavisStraight said:

I just want a good solid cover for the Holidays, 6-12 would be good, more is better, I like bone chilling cold, I know a lot of you guys don't but single digits at night with snow cover is great. Of course, I'd like 2015 to happen in December and last til March but that's not gonna happen.

I’m one who is starting to dislike the real bone chilling cold… but single digits with snow cover shows the difference in climo from NNE to SNE.  Those -10s and -20s mornings are the real annoyances.

We’ve already had a minimum of 4F… though not the below 0F readings we can see.  Forgot what year but a few Novembers ago we were -6F one night.

Of course it’s fake though. All in our minds ha.

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea buddy. It’s been a great day. Hung on and got lucky in the end but we should have pounded them in the first half. Regardless, it’s all about the results. Big test coming on Saturday but at this point, we’re free rolling. Young team not expected to beat Holland, we have nothing to lose. LFG.

Do we even have one guy that reaches VVD’s chin?  Our team seems so small. I picture Van Dyke swatting threats away like Andre the Giant in the Princess Bride. 

12 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It is what it is ultimately. I just kind of got the vibe that despite the great look, you were a bit meh 

As things get inside a week , Bob is also a solid source of knowledge for SE mass weather . He won’t get super snow weenie excited but he will basically also give you a realistic view based on the pattern he sees for SE mass And chances 

11 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

It is what it is ultimately. I just kind of got the vibe that despite the great look, you were a bit meh 

Yes it’s a good look and I’d take it a million ways from last December. But when asked how I felt about snow, I think it’s wise to approach it more conservatively for you and I. But as I said….I can see how this would be good for almost all of us too. I just don’t have the information in front of me at this moment to make that call. 

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Pattern is promising but who the hell really knows until we get some storms to track in the mid range. I'd be content with a few inches around mid month or just before the holidays..sans a Christmas grincher

Is trade everything else this month for a decent storm centered around the holiday 

26 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone ever considered making snow , air compressor , pressure washer, special snow nozzle for hose , anyone ever try this . Wether it’s for the kids to sled or for a holiday or whatever. I bet some have most of the ingredients except the nozzle 

A Mtn Ops friend of mine at Stowe developed a home snowmaking system while in high school that would bury his yard.

He’s started up again this season.  Dude also has his own home-made rope tow set up.

Garden hose and air compressor.

0C0BEF28-CC16-46DE-86A2-CE1388E8F39E.jpeg.dfb3f0e8da3a360f65aa439434b8b638.jpeg

29FB6C9B-3704-4AB6-BF92-8BB8687E64C6.jpeg.196bd0a17d0d0709ed0ff13eed347fda.jpeg

• Like 4