Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

7 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone ever considered making snow , air compressor , pressure washer, special snow nozzle for hose , anyone ever try this . Wether it’s for the kids to sled or for a holiday or whatever. I bet some have most of the ingredients except the nozzle 

Considered personally..no.  I did however I just see this near a customers house in Simsbury a few days ago. First time I've seen it done at a private residence. It looked awesome

• Like 2

Euro and EPS have really started compressing the flow after 12/5 so as Scott said last night, NNE may have to watch the 12/6-7 threat for more wintry solution. Still think SNE is skunked in that one but there could be a follow up threat around 12/8-9…and if that one doesn’t pan out there are likely to multiple additional threats beyond that.

00z EPS is a pretty loaded pattern. 

• Like 6

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Euro and EPS have really started compressing the flow after 12/5 so as Scott said last night, NNE may have to watch the 12/6-7 threat for more wintry solution. Still think SNE is skunked in that one but there could be a follow up threat around 12/8-9…and if that one doesn’t pan out there are likely to multiple additional threats beyond that.

12/8 12/9 have been good to us before, if I'm not mistaken.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's what I'm seeing.  The succession of storms prior to then assist in compressing the flow and pushing the baroclinic zone further south and east.  Won't make many happy but we need it to occur in order to establish a better wintry pattern.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone ever considered making snow , air compressor , pressure washer, special snow nozzle for hose , anyone ever try this . Wether it’s for the kids to sled or for a holiday or whatever. I bet some have most of the ingredients except the nozzle 

What happened to the guy that used to make snow in his yard? Connecticut or New Jersey I think?

24 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

That's what I'm seeing.  The succession of storms prior to then assist in compressing the flow and pushing the baroclinic zone further south and east.  Won't make many happy but we need it to occur in order to establish a better wintry pattern.

Very very typical atmospheric response to a crashing AO NAO. Great post. Getting there is the hard part.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I feel like we could have an 07-08 type of assembly line, but with a better Arctic.