Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
December 2022 Obs/Disc

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think I Speak for at least the majority here. We are expecting multiple snow events in December, with a slightly below normal pattern. Two white holidays and probably 1-3 feet in sum from interior SNE on north increasing as you go north. Coastal areas 6-12”

I just want a good solid cover for the Holidays, 6-12 would be good, more is better, I like bone chilling cold, I know a lot of you guys don't but single digits at night with snow cover is great. Of course, I'd like 2015 to happen in December and last til March but that's not gonna happen.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I think I Speak for at least the majority here. We are expecting multiple snow events in December, with a slightly below normal pattern. Two white holidays and probably 1-3 feet in sum from interior SNE on north increasing as you go north. Coastal areas 6-12”

The GTG should be interesting  if nothing is on models Looking 5 days out  by the 12’th . I’m looking forward to this GTG anyway .

31 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I’m expecting around 2 feet total give or take by the end of December in my area. NW 3-4 feet.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

IPA's?

My expectations are tempered. Snowfall is so hard to predict and to go AN on the coast in December is a tough thing to do unless it’s very cold. This to me overall is not a very cold look, but certainly will features periods of BN temps. I did say earlier my gut says this is more an interior look….but I don’t expect  be shut out. 

If this is more 2009 and we get pretty darn chilly, then AN snowfall could occur. However, if this becomes something where it’s half recycled exhaust from Labrador and favors in and up, then I’ll enjoy liquid.  I think I’d hedge more cooler…..but I’m not confident on big snow here in my hood. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

My expectations are tempered. Snowfall is so hard to predict and to go AN on the coast in December is a tough thing to do unless it’s very cold. This to me overall is not a very cold look, but certainly will features periods of BN temps. I did say earlier my gut says this is more an interior look….but I don’t expect  be shut out. 

If this is more 2009 and we get pretty darn chilly, then AN snowfall could occur. However, if this becomes something where it’s half recycled exhaust from Labrador and favors in and up, then I’ll enjoy liquid.  I think I’d hedge more cooler…..but I’m not confident on big snow here in my hood. 

Not exactly inspiring confidence there

16 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Thanks , that makes sense 

I honestly think the board should let that sink in over the next several days of waiting 

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Tougher call for these parts. Couple degrees here or there mean a lot. It doesn’t mean I have an issue with what I see, but you need the ingredients to come together and we’ll never see that coming until you get within 5 days or so of any potential. 

Our potential really starts to go Up climo wise after the 15th or so. Give me a good high and I’ll be bullish. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Heck, nobody knows anything other than the pattern looks very good. That’s it. That’s all anybody can say. That and there will be chances. 

And you know this…Always hedge low..you’ll win more often than not.  

Personally, give me a SWFE of 6” or so, and a decent coastal of 6-8” and I’ll be more than happy. 

• Confused 1