• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
September Banter 2022

George BM

And maybe Harbaugh should realize this isn't the dominant smash mouth team of 2019(at least until he decides to play Dobbins and Stanley) and not go for every 4th and short, after being stuffed on third and short. That automatic 3 with the best kicker in the world earlier in the game might have helped..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kmlwx said:

Didn't want to deal with the hassle of the shuttling from FedEx Field to ADW - so was torn on even going to try to see the air show at all. We decided on a whim to head to a strip mall by the base and managed to time our arrival right when some of the jets were starting their maneuvers. Had a blast!

2022-09-18 14.46.40.jpg

A blast indeed! I went to the airshow yesterday afternoon with my brother and father. Seeing the thunderbirds in action was a cool experience. Despite my age it was actually the first airshow that I've been to... No I'm not old (a few years younger than you- not that that makes you old... it doesn't). It's just that you'd think that I would've been to at least one in my lifetime before yesterday.

• Like 2

I’d recommend you all get your flu shot ASAP. Our 5-year-old picked it up the first week of kindergarten. It’s gone though our whole house. Today our 3-year-old wound up in the ER from it, he tested positive for Flu A. This is a very bad flu, believe me. The school had warned everyone in their weekly newsletter that it was already circulating.

We usually wait until October but it looks like it’s going to peak early.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 5

19 hours ago, CAPE said:

And maybe Harbaugh should realize this isn't the dominant smash mouth team of 2019(at least until he decides to play Dobbins and Stanley) and not go for every 4th and short, after being stuffed on third and short. That automatic 3 with the best kicker in the world earlier in the game might have helped..

You guys are Ravens fans so you know the ins and outs more than I, but his two point conversion decisions last year probably cost them two wins

Agrresive tactics are one thing, bravado and arrogance are another.

• Like 2

Moving to banter @IronTy - 

I don't think anybody is saying "hell yeah watch those mofos die in historic storm surge"

But if a hurricane is moving - it's going to move based on weather/physics - we have no control over this (that I know of, yet). We will track it with enthusiasm - and some portion of us want to witness it for ourselves. 

While I don't *WISH* for it - if Yellowstone ever blows, I will of course watch it with intense interest as no human alive has ever seen that before. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Kmlwx said:

Moving to banter @IronTy - 

I don't think anybody is saying "hell yeah watch those mofos die in historic storm surge"

But if a hurricane is moving - it's going to move based on weather/physics - we have no control over this (that I know of, yet). We will track it with enthusiasm - and some portion of us want to witness it for ourselves. 

While I don't *WISH* for it - if Yellowstone ever blows, I will of course watch it with intense interest as no human alive has ever seen that before. 

I guess another question I'd bring up is what are your thoughts then on our beloved Josh Morgerman? He's built a career on destructive/deadly weather events...however, he is furthering the field with his data/experience. He literally tries to place himself in the direct path of some of the most dangerous storms on Earth. 

Moving to banter [mention=17553]IronTy[/mention] - 

We're cool. The fact that you know about Yellowstone is good enough for me. Now imagine if the deccan traps were to blow, how bad a day would that be? Ask the dinosaurs.

My only point to members of this forum is to really consider how a tornado or derecho or hurricane could really change the course of your life. Think loss of life, insurance claims on roofing or siding, a large tulip poplar crashing into your bedroom, etc.

48" snowstorm??? Yeah I'm there for that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, IronTy said:

We're cool. The fact that you know about Yellowstone is good enough for me. Now imagine if the deccan traps were to blow, how bad a day would that be? Ask the dinosaurs.

My only point to members of this forum is to really consider how a tornado or derecho or hurricane could really change the course of your life. Think loss of life, insurance claims on roofing or siding, a large tulip poplar crashing into your bedroom, etc.

48" snowstorm??? Yeah I'm there for that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Yeah - I hate making waves on the forums ;) - glad we are cool. In the end I totally get what you are saying - and it's a legit argument for sure. I myself never hope that any harm comes to anyone - in fact, I would love to see a day when lead times are so good for tornadoes and such that there is only a tiny risk of death. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Kmlwx said:

I guess another question I'd bring up is what are your thoughts then on our beloved Josh Morgerman? He's built a career on destructive/deadly weather events...however, he is furthering the field with his data/experience. He literally tries to place himself in the direct path of some of the most dangerous storms on Earth. 

I don't know that dude.  I guess if his wife and kids (assuming he has any) don't care if he gets his skull smashed in and his long bones shredded to bits for the sake of "furthering the field" then more power to him.  

13 hours ago, IronTy said:

I don't know that dude.  I guess if his wife and kids (assuming he has any) don't care if he gets his skull smashed in and his long bones shredded to bits for the sake of "furthering the field" then more power to him.  

Josh is gay.  He lives in MS where he can chase canes better than where he used to live.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic