Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
June pattern and forecast discussion

weathafella

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Yeah June 2010 never happened 

Okay ... so, you officially picked the fight -

Just remember this after the next several pages of smoldering vitriol that cloaks hostility (poorly) ...who in fact "started it"  LOL

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Thanks. I hate that we wasted that EML a few weeks ago, but the heart of storm season is around the corner I guess. 

Yeah we had that somewhat similar scenario a few weeks back but just didn't pan out. We'll see what happens moving forward. I think climatologically the period with greatest severe potential is like mid-June into mid-July so we're already into this period. It's one thing to get a favorable pattern, but its a whole other ordeal to get perfect timing of everything (we know this to be very true in winter too lol). 

8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Yeah we had that somewhat similar scenario a few weeks back but just didn't pan out. We'll see what happens moving forward. I think climatologically the period with greatest severe potential is like mid-June into mid-July so we're already into this period. It's one thing to get a favorable pattern, but its a whole other ordeal to get perfect timing of everything (we know this to be very true in winter too lol). 

I always thought the peak was squarely in July. I’m ready for tropical. 

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Looks like weekend gets toasty.

Kinda how the goofus has looked. Delayed but not denied warmup, but nothing too hot. Then a cool down toward the 4th. We'll see if the euro digs that trough in enough to cool us down or if it's just a dew down.

check that...29th...not the 4th

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

S you’re buying lol?

Can you tell me exactly which models we should be looking at?  First it's "I can't believe anybody looks at the GFS" and now its "You're buying it?" about the Euro.  Are they all garbage?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 1

1 minute ago, weatherwiz said:

Does anyone know if there is a NBM verification similar to this anywhere?

image.thumb.png.15275132ae6771a1839918b46e33a938.png

Not sure if you can access this (https://hwp-viz.gsd.esrl.noaa.gov/wave1d/?col=2&hgt=1&location=KPWM&selectedgroup=Default&obs=true&fontsize=1&darkmode=auto&graph=fa-chart-bar&probfield=Tmax&proboperator=>%3D&probvalue=40&colorfriendly=false&whiskers=false&boxes=true&median=false&det=true&tz=local) but it plots obs on the forecast as time goes on.