Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
3/12 Event: Winters Last Hurrah at Least East of Mountains

Weather Will

Just now, 09-10 analogy said:

Can't ever remember seeing a blizzard warning just long a ridge line like this one with the Shenandoahs, or a blizzard warning emmeshed in WWAs. 

It’s wind related. I was under a blizzard once as a kid with less than 1” of snow forecast

• Like 1

Euro GFS NAM RAP HRRR HRDPS blend here is north of 6”. Sold.

Go ahead. Keep my advisory up,  LWX. We oddly (and obviously 100% coincidentally) tend to overperform when we have advisories hoisted during marginal events more often than we meet warning criteria during marginal events. I’ll take the advisory knowing we’ll likely exceed the upper end and could be upgraded mid storm. There’s something awesome about having your advisory upgraded mid storm with heavy paste falling  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

It’s wind related. I was under a blizzard once as a kid with less than 1” of snow forecast

Yes it is!  In 1982 we had a nearly dry frontal passage with 30-40 mph winds that caused blizzard warnings to be issued.  There was a good 10" of snow on the ground and some main roads here drifted closed.  The stars were out yet winds were whipping snow reducing visibility to zero at times.  Fun stuff!

• Like 1