Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly

40/70 Benchmark

13 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

maybe we'll get a triple phaser mid-month eliciting feet of snow for New England with hundreds of tornadoes from the mid-Atlantic into the Southeast 

So... you'd be in the SE chasing the tornadoes instead of the snow in the SNE, right? :lol:

10 minutes ago, yoda said:

So... you'd be in the SE chasing the tornadoes instead of the snow in the SNE, right? :lol:

I wish. 

I have off though last week of May/first week of June which is the two weeks my friend and I had been doing chasing in the Northeast since 2009 (though haven't the last few years for obvious reasons). But this year we are primed to go into the West if we don't get any decent threats here. 

• Like 1

Just now, weatherwiz said:

I wish. 

I have off though last week of May/first week of June which is the two weeks my friend and I had been doing chasing in the Northeast since 2009 (though haven't the last few years for obvious reasons). But this year we are primed to go into the West if we don't get any decent threats here. 

You should tweet Ian and ask him about going out west towards the Plains if you are going that far west

14 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

whoops, edited

yeah that pattern has a lot going for it. strong EPO blocking, weak W ridging, and even some blocking into Greenland helping force the TPV south. looks very cold with an active storm track

Let’s hope we can get something to come together, and send us out with a Big Bang. Would take some of the bitterness out of the taste this season currently has for some of us. 

6 minutes ago, yoda said:

You should tweet Ian and ask him about going out west towards the Plains if you are going that far west

I think if there was a high-end moderate/high risk day that would be in the cards. But the stories out of the Plains are kinda wild. I'm not looking to get within 20-yards of a tornado like some of these chasers do. But there are so many stories of chaser congestion and people blowing stop signs and red lights...stupid. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

That anniversary date (3/13) looks pretty favorable right now. Another pretty good storm happened on that date too 25 years before that. 

Hopefully we get one more biggie to track. 

Pretty good storm?  Uh yeah I got 3 feet.  I have such reverence for that storm I dare not speak of it.  I forgot it was on the 13th. Deserves a holiday. 

29 minutes ago, cleetussnow said:

Pretty good storm?  Uh yeah I got 3 feet.  I have such reverence for that storm I dare not speak of it.  I forgot it was on the 13th. Deserves a holiday. 

iirc, wasn't that like the first storm where they used long range modeling, or at least verified their forecast potential as being accurate, somewhat? I remember them forecasting that over a week out hyping it up and did it deliver, more Miller A so appalachian areas got the most snow, but was still good here, remember we got like 2 hours of thunder sleet/snow midday in that if memory serves, would be nice to have something half as good for this upcoming period, lots of pieces coming together to pop off...

9 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Honestly, it is way more entertaining in here when you and T-blizz  jackpot.

LOL. We’ve had the dice roll lucky at times. I’m well aware. I actually enjoy the region wide storms much more on this forum. It sucks when people miss out. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

LOL. We’ve had the dice roll lucky at times. I’m well aware. I actually enjoy the region wide storms much more on this forum. It sucks when people miss out. 

I know the clock is ticking but I feel like there’s one more decent winter storm for much of our forum. 

• Like 4

• 40/70 Benchmark changed the title to March 2022 Obs/Disc: In Like a Lamb, Out Like a Butterfly
  • dendrite unpinned this topic