Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
February 24/25 Potential Winter Storm

mikem81

25 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

These tend to trend north but a front end thump isn't out of the question 

Why do you even bother responding. It's the same ole routine.

Every model could show a snowstorm and he'll point to one model that shows the least. It's so tiresome. 

Given the extent of the high pressure and deep cold I'd say a front end thump of a few inches is very possible. 

The risk is the wave becoming too amplified but even then a front end thump could still happen before any changeover.

Keep an eye on the storm ahead of it. If that trends stronger then the cold press will be stronger which would cause the next system to be further south aka colder/snowier. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Weenie 1

4 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

Every model could show a snowstorm and he'll point to one model that shows the least. It's so tiresome. 

Given the extent of the high pressure and deep cold I'd say a front end thump of a few inches is very possible. 

The risk is the wave becoming too amplified but even then a front end thump could still happen before any changeover.

Keep an eye on the storm ahead of it. If that trends stronger then the cold press will be stronger which would cause the next system to be further south aka colder/snowier. 

You haven’t a clue 

• Haha 1
  • Weenie 13

6 minutes ago, SnoSki14 said:

I have told him this more then once but he just refuses to listen. Just ignore him, all he wants is attention and he is getting it. :facepalm:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Weenie 1

13 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Its nice to have a model showing snow all the way down to SNJ because that means theres some wiggle room for the models to meet in the middle with this. 

and don't be surprised when the GFS enters its "lose the storm completely" period....

• Like 1

Nothing can be discounted at this lead time. I think GFS is too cold but that arctic high and CAD cannot be discounted. I do think most people will see a front end dump of snow, changing to a mix, and then rain along the coast. The more north you are the more snow and many places well N and W may stay all frozen. Could be a real mess. 

• Weenie 1

28 minutes ago, Allsnow said:

By 12z Friday it’s rain for nyc south. Frz rain north jersey. Gfs is on its own 

100% The GFS is in a world all to its own. When no other models show what it is showing, something is wrong. In that setup, it’s only going to trend more north as we get closer 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 4