Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

1 minute ago, the_other_guy said:

The deck is not stacked against us.

It snows here plenty.

This is a bad year with a fast pattern.

I suggested a few weeks ago stopping these threads 7/8/9 days out. It is ridiculous! 

Guys are grasping at straws and then get mad when it doesn’t happen. then a week from now,  do the same thing all over again.

Meanwhile, it is sucking all the oxygen out of the monthly threads.

We have had a very cold January and there’s been almost no discussion about it.

This is going to kill the forum as guys just get exhausted with it. You have people staying up all night to track a storm days from now that is never coming. It isnt healthy

no one cares about cold and dry Januarys

• Like 1

Just now, Volcanic Winter said:

Most people have no concept of the extreme volatility AGW will force into the climate system. 

Yes, they see it just as warm vs cold and thats it, only farmers know how it's destroying their crops with both flooding rains and scorching heat.  We're going through a lot of tough times- I mean we are already, but they're only going to get worse from here.

1 minute ago, the_other_guy said:

It snows here plenty.

I suggested a few weeks ago stopping these threads 7/8/9 days out. It is ridiculous! 

Guys are grasping at straws and then get mad when it doesn’t happen. then a week from now,  do the same thing all over again.

This is going to kill the forum as guys just get exhausted with it. You have people staying up all night to track a storm days from now that is never coming. It isnt healthy

Well, TBH, talking about a cold and dry pattern that no one likes is hard to get excited about; warm weather lovers and snow lovers both hate cold and dry. My hands and legs are chapped enough. But I get your point, and it is valid.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HVSnowLover said:

Yes or even I think your area has a snowpack off 12 inches of snow this winter lol.  The city/coast is so dependent on noreasters and honestly i'd probably prefer the dink and dunks.   

My other home in the Poconos has had a consistent 8-12 inch snowpack for the entire month.  That place has a snowpack in ANY pattern.  Says a lot for being above 2000 ft in elevation.

5 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

It snows here plenty.

Yes its been very cold, thats why places to our north have a snowpack even though it's been a dry January. I think it's fine to track storms far out but don't get attached to outcomes. I have to say this one surprised me a bit, this really looked it had the makings of something special and even now I wouldn't get overattached to the model outcomes because it could still change but if it doesn't I mean it is what it is, life goes on.

Not that I want this at all, but I fully anticipate the EURO caving to the GFS at 12z. If 12z EURO holds, then the 18z GFS will have to back down. We can't have one model showing a few inches for NYC and another model showing 2 feet. I just think that's looney.

• Confused 1

Just now, TriPol said:

Not that I want this at all, but I fully anticipate the EURO caving to the GFS at 12z. If 12z EURO holds, then the 18z GFS will have to back down. We can't have one model showing a few inches for NYC and another model showing 2 feet. I just think that's looney.

Happens pretty often with ocean systems like these actually. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, TriPol said:

why not? it's happened before

5 minutes ago, Franklin0529 said:

Leaving alot energy in the sw. Definitely gonna be east

Looks identical to last run. It just pulled it out at the last minute last run and took a nap south of LI dumping snow on us. But we'll see. Could end up worse of course 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, the_other_guy said:

It snows here plenty.

The point was to remove the discussion about a particular storm from the main monthly thread.  

People are going to stay up and track a possible big storm whether there's a thread or not. 

You're too emotional and are being ridiculous.  No one is grasping at straws.  This was and still is a legit threat to at least part of this subforum. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3