• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 28-30th Possible Nor'easter

Rjay

Most of us are in a great spot at this point IMO. If the status quo holds, its a significant storm for NYC east. If it shifts slightly west, it's a major snowstorm for everyone.

I'm curious if the frontal snow on Friday holds up, notably depicted by the 18z NAM. That could add significant duration to the total event. I suspect it trends lighter and probably later in the day Friday/Friday night, but it's something I'll be watching. It would be great to extend the snow to parts of 2 days.

This could still easily fall completely apart. The trof still looks really fragile despite encouraging trends. But the likelihood times impact potential is easily significant enough to be very excited.

1 minute ago, Franklin0529 said:

Still looks good. I just dont think it's as amped

Slightly west and 4mb deeper than 90 last time. I think it's just the surface depiction doesn't look as intense, but obviously not something to worry about, especially on an 18z run 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MJO812 said:

Western ridge was better on this run. The low is actually a tick west. 

Yes. Much higher heights out west as well, which allows the EPO to go rather negative as the air is being forced up and over the ridge, grabbing cold air and spilling it into the eastern US. This in turn is also creating a bit of confluence, aiding in slowing down as well as keeping the cold over the coastal areas. 

Likewise, it keeps baroclynicity off of the coast AND forces the Hudson Valley short wave towards the phase as well. 

• Like 2