• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

Looks like the Gfs, Canadian, euro, icon and most other models are pushing the Sunday - Monday threat to the south for now. Out to sea in SEVA / NC. Not great but models also appear to be clueless as to what’s going on in the upper levels. The changes at h5 run to run are pretty drastic, which means we’ll likely see 50 different solutions between now and 00z Saturday. Wouldn’t necessarily get too invested in this one, but it’s worth keep an eye on incase we’re looking better by 0z tomorrow night or Friday. Certainly not going to lose any sleep tracking this one. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

It does. However, moving from central Maryland to northern Maryland only does so much when big snowstorms keep occurring 200+ miles in any given direction all season lol. Last year? Your move would have been fruitful. Perhaps the start to this season is our karma for getting 40-50” last year while the metros barely hit double digits. Got very lucky last winter up this way.

It’s only early February though, and the time is quickly approaching for a) deeper storms with a likelihood for more coastal huggers  b) marginal events with more traditional fall line setups. We’ll catch up, and quickly. Keep the faith! Have a feeling our luck will improve drastically over the coming 6-8 weeks 

You should move to western Maryland, Garrett County is best, for more snow! That place is the Jay Peak VT of the Mid Atlantic! You'd get buried ALIVE in snow every winter!

1 hour ago, jayyy said:

Looks like the Gfs, Canadian, euro, icon and most other models are pushing the Sunday - Monday threat to the south for now. Out to sea in SEVA / NC. Not great but models also appear to be clueless as to what’s going on in the upper levels. The changes at h5 run to run are pretty drastic, which means we’ll likely see 50 different solutions between now and 00z Saturday. Wouldn’t necessarily get too invested in this one, but it’s worth keep an eye on incase we’re looking better by 0z tomorrow night or Friday. Certainly not going to lose any sleep tracking this one. 

Well, at least it's just Wednesday. Feels like it either comes back or gets squashed to oblivion, lol

16 minutes ago, mappy said:

Didn't see the Euro mentioned, but it was much better up here for Friday in terms of ice, practically zero. Still icy for places along the MD line further west. 

Sundays storm never makes it up the coast

Ji mentioned the euro but he was speaking baby talk so it was hard to decipher.

I’m now down to where day 7 and beyond is the limit of my window before i miss something. Gone to Mexico feb 9-14.  So yes, that’s when a storm will happen. Bump this post when it does.  I’ll be right.  
That Sunday Monday deal better come back dammit  

I bet on our winter being sucky. I may lose 

• Like 1

Definitely a much warmer trend for Friday on the 6Z guidance, which isn't surprising. Assuming it holds, does this combined with the Sunday storm debacle mean the GFS sucks again? Just want to make sure I have my talking points right. 
Its whatever models give us the most wintry precip is the most suckiest model

I’m now down to where day 7 and beyond is the limit of my window before i miss something. Gone to Mexico feb 9-14.  So yes, that’s when a storm will happen. Bump this post when it does.  I’ll be right.  
That Sunday Monday deal better come back dammit  
I bet on our winter being sucky. I may lose 
Will you still so pbp for us?
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, StormyClearweather said:

Definitely a much warmer trend for Friday on the 6Z guidance, which isn't surprising. Assuming it holds, does this combined with the Sunday storm debacle mean the GFS sucks again? Just want to make sure I have my talking points right. 

clear trend last few runs.  Expecting all of moco to show rain only by 18z tonight.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic