Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

3 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I feel the pressure for PBP with the Euro.  It's like that kicker last night with the Chiefs vs Bills game.  

Going to be extra extra sure before I post the Jaws theme.  I'm so scared.   But if I do post it...rejoice.

"The euro never makes big moves, only gradual....yada yada", lets get the damn Jaws theme going. 

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Nice to see many with significant snow to our south.  I'll just say...southwest edge of a Miller B's snowfall predication = major yikes.  

Yup that’s a rule we really need to remember.  The majority of the time the back edge on these ends up a little northeast of guidance 24-48 hours out. that has screwed over NYC and Bos too we just don’t notice those because we were way out of it if they were on the back edge.  We really want to see this continue to develop further southwest so that we’re not relying on a capture and tuck to pull in precip from our east. Even that ggem run everyone’s excited about would make me really nervous because any slight delay in the capture/tuck and all that beautiful deform snow ends up over NJ instead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Yup that’s a rule we really need to remember.  The majority of the time the back edge on these ends up a little northeast of guidance 24-48 hours out. that has screwed over NYC and Bos too we just don’t notice those because we were way out of it if they were on the back edge.  We really want to see this continue to develop further southwest so that we’re not relying on a capture and tuck to pull in precip from our east. Even that ggem run everyone’s excited about would make me really nervous because any slight delay in the capture/tuck and all that beautiful deform snow ends up over NJ instead. 

Well of course its going to be a sweat, its never that easy. Its also the best run we've probably seen yet...

Let's hope it improves further. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Exactly.  HAVE to have reasonable wiggle room on like Thursday's 12z runs if not later.  I'm as encouraged as anyone that there's been a big west shift on the progs and it looks like we're in the game.  But damn, "La Nina unblocked Miller B" is just a freaking giant klaxon alarm to keep expectations at "partly cloudy".  

• Like 3

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic