Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Late January and February Medium/Long Range Discussion

WinterWxLuvr

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

@stormtracker it’s much better than 0z euro at h5. We’re still far enough out that is more important than surface details. 

I agree. Look at the front side of the western ridge. It’s further west and almost vertical. If that energy in the sw had been a little deeper it would have been a much bigger hit IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, WinterWxLuvr said:

I agree. Look at the front side of the western ridge. It’s further west and almost vertical. If that energy in the sw had been a little deeper it would have been a much bigger hit IMO.

If the EURO had kicked out the s/w out in the SW... hello big hit IMO

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

The surface changes didn’t do the improvements Justice.   It’s worlds apart. 12z euro h5 would argue there a lot more room for a better surface outcome even without much change there. 

12z v 0z 

1527C3F8-1A11-4CCA-8B33-74DB7E1F074A.thumb.gif.d5238b44a47736b8d6ba924fe46d4ab3.gif

Ha, we say a ridge axis over Boise is ideal.  Couple more runs and we might have an omega block over Boise.  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WinterWxLuvr said:

I don’t see this at all. Hopefully someone can explain how this is a Miller B

looks like a miller B, but the trough is digging far enough south to where we actually have a chance as opposed to some redeveloping clipper off the coast of maryland/delaware.

1 minute ago, Wonderdog said:

I always thought a Miller be with a northern stream event that would transfer to the coast usually just above our latitude

That's also my understanding. Also thought that pure Miller B's didn't have a southern component either. And although the connection has been sloppy (although trending less sloppy now), it's still there.

• WxUSAF unpinned and locked this topic