Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow

stormtracker

21 minutes ago, grhqofb5 said:

So, storm is cancelled 5 days before it was supposed to start?  That’s almost as ridiculous as saying we’re going to get a HECS 6 days before it’s supposed to start isn’t it?

People keep failing this simple math problem - I think as kind of a defense mechanism. Precipitation is 3 days out, not 5 days. At hour 36 we will already know if the trof is sharp enough to work out. The key features are well within short range now.

• Like 2

Just now, eduggs said:

People keep failing this simple math problem - I think as kind of a defense mechanism. Precipitation is 3 days out, not 5 days. At hour 36 we will already know if the trof is sharp enough to work out. The key features are well within short range now.

I think 36 might be a little early. I was doing all my “looking” at about the 12z Friday time frame

Well I think the idea is that it will probably snow. But the HECS and BECS typically have the GFS or Euro prompting wide eye emoji posts 5 days out and closer for almost every run. And when it goes away inside of 4 days, it rarely ever comes back. That’s the reality. And let’s face it. 3-6 is nice. But 30” with 3 foot drifts are better.

Personally, I think a 12-18 HECS is coming and everyone will cash in. It’s not any of the storms on the current play board. But it’s coming. I feel it in this pattern.

• Like 2
  • Weenie 5

6 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Then we’ll know that the “trof” is not sharp enough on Thursday at 12:00 a.m., 36 hours before the estimated start, and then it will be over.  I will remember that.  Thank you. 

1 minute ago, grhqofb5 said:

Then we’ll know that the “trof” is not sharp enough on Thursday at 12:00 a.m., 36 hours before the estimated start, and then it will be over.  I will remember that.  Thank you. 

I'm being a little conservative. We'll probably know sooner than that.

1 minute ago, stormtracker said:

Nam better with the NS..can't buy a sw vort push.  dammit.  Can you imagine if that vort had just moved east.

Potentially stupid question here...would we almost not do half-badly if that northern stream shortwave just ended up being a fair bit stronger over time, and screw the southern vort?  Like if it digs a lot more somehow, some way.

• WxUSAF changed the title to Jan 21 - 22 Weekend SE VA and Eastern Shore Snow
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic
  • stormtracker pinned this topic