Total Members
    Most Online
    Elarey7
    Newest Member
    Elarey7
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

7 minutes ago, Uncle Nasty said:

The video doesn't do it justice. These are monster flakes coming down. Temp is 35° which sucks, but let's see if we can get it to stick. The snow is trying its best to stick.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

52DA6120-1A5B-4BF6-85FD-42A2B81FB233.gif.716c2bb3267c1e116523cf855c233163.gif

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, fountainguy97 said:

35 with full sun and biscuits falling.  Probably .75-1" an hour rates blowing over the upslope mountains.  

Stunning. 

That's a really interesting report. It sounds like the snow equivalent to what I've seen at Camp Creek a few time during mountain wave events. Just a few clouds, but you can get bursts of huge rain drops. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 1234snow said:

We’ve seen a lot of dry slots from winter storms in the valley before.

But I don’t recall the middle of a storm looking like the eye of a hurricane.

I had the same thing happen yesterday in the far NW county of Arkansas.   Snow was falling in every direction around me while I was in the donut hole for a good 2+ hours.  Very maddening and unusual.  

If we can luck out and somehow get 5 hours if this it will be a nice little snow. Like Dwagner said, sticking here too. Cars are white, ground has a thin layer of white and grills and roofs are white. The Weather Channel even mentioned Chattanooga about 20 minutes ago. They said we could get under a heavy band and have some good accumulations very quick.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

It must be snowing everywhere in chatt and surrounding areas. Cant seem to get it to switch over in Red Bank.

Downtown hasn’t fully switched over either. My mom who lives in Georgetown about 8 miles north of Ooltewah has an inch in about an hour.

• Like 2

Downtown hasn’t fully switched over either. My mom who lives in Georgetown about 8 miles north of Ooltewah has an inch in about an hour.

That’s awesome. Hope it changes here soon it’s trying slowly but surely. Meanwhile my wife is in Miami so I’m having to track those storms

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic