• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 16-17th Boom or Bust

Wurbus

Radar already seems to be filling back in? 3k Nam had it coming back in between 12-1.  Is the low still in the mountains? Anyone know? 

Dropped 2 degrees in last hour. Wind was coming out of the E/ESE during the dry slot. Now it is coming out of the N/NW. Also have some flakes and ice pellets mixing in, though still mostly rain. She is trying though! Obviously a pretty thin warm layer.  

I should state that I am north of downtown Knoxville. 

• Like 2

I am right at the foot of Lookout Mountain here in the St. Elmo area of Chattanooga. Definitely have a lot of mixing going on here right now, seems to be about a 50/50 mix of rain and snow. Seems to be skewing more towards snow over the past 10 minutes or so.

• Like 2

I am right at the foot of Lookout Mountain here in the St. Elmo area of Chattanooga. Definitely have a lot of mixing going on here right now, seems to be about a 50/50 mix of rain and snow. Seems to be skewing more towards snow over the past 10 minutes or so.

I’m about 3 minutes from you and can confirm. Hopefully we can switch over

Mix of R/S in Ooltewah. It keeps going from a 50/50 mix and then will switch to huge flakes at roughly 80% snow. Currently looking at mainly snow but flakes aren't as big and not as heavy as when we were mixed. And as I am typing this the snow rates picked up again. We could easily get 3 hours of this and have zero accumulation unless it relentlessly dumps on us.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

5 minutes ago, PowellVolz said:

I think anyone north of 40 will be outside the cold core unless this tracks NE some. This has the look of a southern valley special now. Seems like the GFS was showing the southern valley getting hammered

From what I have observed on the models,  most in the southern valley get their thump starting now (if temps and rates cooperate) while those of us in the central and northern valley get more from the deform band this evening. 

Maddening, but I think we just need to have patience and hope the band this evening works out us. Most models had us getting nada until the evening so we are still on track! 

• Like 3

• Mr Bob unpinned this topic