• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
MLK 2022 Storm Potential

stormtracker

GEFS really clustering the lows just SW of OBX at 84, so pretty much the same as 06z but higher confidence. The h5 look is stronger and a little slower though so I think it’s gonna be an adjustment W/NW. Not horrible or anything, just looks to continue emphasizing that any fully offshore path is either out the window or just about climbing out. Still room for a track east of the bay though.

To me, this setup seems pretty reminiscent of 12/16/20, just displaced a bit to the south at the start. We scoffed at the unconventional track that guidance was showing (and I believe the low did track SE of where it was progged), but it became clear that the ULL being vaulted to the north would definitely scour any cold that was present, regardless of if the LP track was "typical" or not. 

• Like 3

Just now, baltosquid said:

GEFS really clustering the lows just SW of OBX at 84, so pretty much the same as 06z but higher confidence. The h5 look is stronger and a little slower though so I think it’s gonna be an adjustment W/NW. Not horrible or anything, just looks to continue emphasizing that any fully offshore path is either out the window or just about climbing out. Still room for a track east of the bay though.

it's an inland runner right now.  no two ways around it.  the antecedent high is in a good spot, but then moves offshore too quickly, for whatever reason.  really need a less amped system.

3 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

FWIW, CMC h5 early on is a good chunk SE/faster. Would do a lot for my optimism for a good metro thump if a model that’s been so stubbornly gung-ho about Hagerstown-Harrisburg as of late lightens up on that a bit.

Confetti Celebration GIF - Confetti Celebration Happy - Discover & Share  GIFs

1 minute ago, baltosquid said:

Lol never mind. Did not lighten up on that at all, phasing happens fast and swings the thing way west. Low never even gets east of DC.

Pizza Fire GIFs | Tenor

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, 87storms said:

it's an inland runner right now.  no two ways around it.  the antecedent high is in a good spot, but then moves offshore too quickly, for whatever reason.  really need a less amped system.

The analysis is good based on the models. No argument there. But if this was showing a perfect storm track 90 hours out we wouldn’t be saying this is locked in. Well we might say it but we’d all be expecting the next model run to crush our dreams. This time I’m going to keep expecting the next run to bring home the bacon.

5 minutes ago, baltosquid said:

FWIW, CMC h5 early on is a good chunk SE/faster. Would do a lot for my optimism for a good metro thump if a model that’s been so stubbornly gung-ho about Hagerstown-Harrisburg as of late lightens up on that a bit.

it is faster, which is better for snow prospects given the eroding high.  i liked that part of the trend.  many of the 90s noreasters had snow/mix/rain back to mix/snow, so this isn't really anything new.  even in 93, 96 and 03 the 95 corridor switched to sleet/fzr for a time.

2 minutes ago, SnowGolfBro said:

The analysis is good based on the models. No argument there. But if this was showing a perfect storm track 90 hours out we wouldn’t be saying this is locked in. Well we might say it but we’d all be expecting the next model run to crush our dreams. This time I’m going to keep expecting the next run to bring home the bacon.

oh, i'm still locked in on tracking this one lol, but starting to see some consensus that favors a more inland track instead of a wall to wall snowstorm, but we'll see...who knows.

Just now, 87storms said:

it is faster, which is better for snow prospects given the eroding high.  i liked that part of the trend.  many of the 90s noreasters had snow/mix/rain back to mix/snow, so this isn't really anything new.  even in 93, 96 and 03 the 95 corridor switched to sleet/fzr for a time.

snow/mix/rain back to mix/snow would be great..but this, as depicted, goes from a short bit of snow to a long bit of driving rain...not as much fun as it could be

• WxUSAF locked and unpinned this topic