Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Pretty typical day 5/6 windshield wiper effect. 

This has been a very strong trend west....it could go back east and it wouldn't surprise me, but we're starting to get into the time range where really large moves aren't expected, so I think we're gonna need to see some movement today back eastward.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I already know where it's heading. But given the pattern ahead I'm not shook. You can't win them all. 

All? Shit, win? I am looking for a freaking tie in just one event :lol:

Should be another decent threat before the 23rd or so, but this is probably the biggest fish.

• Like 1

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I already know where it's heading. But given the pattern ahead I'm not shook. You can't win them all. 

Kids can't sled on the glacier out there right now, so lets wipe it clean and start over again...even the great years had one of these massive rainstorms at one point

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

This has been a very strong trend west....it could go back east and it wouldn't surprise me, but we're starting to get into the time range where really large moves aren't expected, so I think we're gonna need to see some movement today back eastward.

It's only been 36 hours that modeling has even had this storm. Started Carolinas out to sea and then 0Z yesterday GFS had it coming up the coast. Cmon

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

It's only been 36 hours that modeling has even had this storm. Started Carolinas out to sea and then 0Z yesterday GFS had it coming up the coast. Cmon

Yeah but it started at 168...we're now getting into the 120 range...the lead time is almost as important as the trends. The closer you get, the more confidence there is in the solutions. I'm not writing it off yet, but I'm saying we really need to see some movement in the next cycle or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We could still see an abrupt trend like the OPs did westward yesterday, but it would need to happen today.

That’s my thinking as well. Like if today continues to be inland runners, the goalposts are being planted for an interior and nne hit. We’ll need some sort of SE correction today, anything…for sne.

• Like 1

Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s my thinking as well. Like if today continues to be inland runners, the goalposts are being planted for an interior and nne hit. We’ll need some sort of SE correction today, anything…for sne.

Yea, same page. John and Steve still did an excellent job identifying this period, but the devil within the details can be a bitch.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

I mean, Didn't some in here just get 6-12"+ snow just the other day? I haven't seen a 10" storm in 3 yrs, Let this play out, If by friday it looks to suck, Oh well, None of us have any control over it.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah but it started at 168...we're now getting into the 120 range...the lead time is almost as important as the trends. The closer you get, the more confidence there is in the solutions. I'm not writing it off yet, but I'm saying we really need to see some movement in the next cycle or two.

The EPS mean over the Cape with associated qpf pattern doesn't scream west to me. But trend west is real over 2 cycles 

25 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Looks like he’s about to be whacked with multiple billy clubs. 
image.png

lol. 
This is great.
F*ck it.  Let it rip.  I had my "Big" (6 hour) snow storm of the year, and my 2 nights of arctic are with nothing to show for it.

F*ck all and F*ck winter. 

F*ckin' time to move on to spring. @Damage In Tolland Kev, fire up the lawn, garden and Lesco thread.  

• Haha 3
  • Weenie 3

1 minute ago, Cold Miser said:

lol. 
This is great.
F*ck it.  Let it rip.  I had my "Big" (6 hour) snow storm of the year, and my 2 nights of arctic are with nothing to show for it.

F*ck all and F*ck winter. 

F*ckin' time to move on to spring. @Damage In Tolland Kev, fire up the lawn, garden and Lesco thread.  

Like it or not, we will be in a period that is favorable for "threats" for at least a couple of weeks....just how often we get boned is up in the air.