Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Monitoring a potential important TV to East Coastal storm: Jan 17

Typhoon Tip

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Edibles? How did I poo poo it? I've been one of the most level headed on here this morning. Isn't it a given it would be better in NNE or far interior?

I wouldn’t be spiking any footballs if I were folks up north. If this moves any further west, they’ll be pumping water out of their basements just like the rest of us.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Hoth said:

Remember when everyone melted over the NAM last Thursday? Take a deep breath folks. Sure it could cut, but it's not set in stone yet. If it's still going through Scranton at 6z Friday, we can probably meet Ray atop the Tobin.

It will probably come back east some, but we are getting to the point where we need changes fast, or the big potential is off of the table for sne. That is frustrating...I'm not thinking 60 and 100% rain.

3 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I wouldn’t be spiking any footballs if I were folks up north. If this moves any further west, they’ll be pumping water out of their basements just like the rest of us.

I've learned not to spike footballs when it comes to coastals up here. Getting fringed is always a concern.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Edibles? How did I poo poo it? I've been one of the most level headed on here this morning. Isn't it a given it would be better in NNE or far interior?

You have to be very literal around here and choose words wisely…and that’s still not enough as some will jump down your throat regardless. It’s what makes this place fun and maddening at the same time, sometimes.

and I don’t mean Dryslot on you right now…just in general.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

lol, Who's spiking a ball? Some of you should take a break and come back Friday, Living and dyeing on every GFS run is not healthy.

You need to remember to take into account backyards. For us southern folk, it's not a single GFS run. It's now basically everything except the ukmet..even the navgem would give SE Mass problems. EPS mean is deceiving imho, most members are no bueno. Of course it can change, but that's where it's at now. So someone in Taunton might be a little on edge about it.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It will probably come back east some, but we are getting to the point where we need changes fast, or the big potential is off of the table for sne. That is frustrating...I'm not thinking 60 and 100% rain.

I think it might actually go further west....not a lock mind you...but it's becoming more and more supported....all the ensemble sensitivity is still westward. 06z EPS has a lot of members tracking through VT and NY State now.

• Like 7

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think it might actually go further west....not a lock mind you...but it's becoming more and more supported....all the ensemble sensitivity is still westward. 06z EPS has a lot of members tracking through VT and NY State now.

I could see that....I just feel like if I said that, I would have gotten jumped. You can get away with it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I could see that....I just feel like if I said that, I would have gotten jumped. You can get away with it. 

Lol same. I see very little in the way of positive model movement over the past two days...direction has been one way only.

29 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A lot of shook people in here, This is setting up to be a blockbuster, Once you have scooter acting like tblizz, Poo pooing everything, You know you're in for a biggie.

Over the outer Cape track into GOM. Classic track for some big numbers. 6Z EPS precip track concurs

eps_q50_acc_precip_neng_138.png

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Lol same. I see very little in the way of positive model movement over the past two days...direction has been one way only.

Look at how skewed westward those lows are into interior E PA....we need a pretty big change at 12z or its lights out for a big event....obviously there would be some front end snow (more the further north you go), but a lot of the region would flip

Jan12_06zEPS126.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Look at how skewed westward those lows are into interior E PA....we need a pretty big change at 12z or its lights out for a big event....obviously there would be some front end snow (more the further north you go), but a lot of the region would flip

Jan12_06zEPS126.png

GEPS, which usually has pretty good spread, has like 1 member that doesnt go over land.