• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    12bet1 net
    Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

7 minutes ago, sferic said:

I might have asked this and if I have, forgive me. What wind direction ( degrees) is ideal for Northen onondaga County?

Thanks !

Jeff

I would say wnw. Nw usually takes snow sw of syr into finger lakes. So 280 to 300 degrees you can still get a strong single band. Perfect usually for rochester to syr. Once you go nw band tends to break up into multiple bands and weaker. Unless you get a connection from georgian Bay. But that usually effects areas from rochester to finger lakes. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, sferic said:

I might have asked this and if I have, forgive me. What wind direction ( degrees) is ideal for Northen onondaga County?

Thanks !

Jeff

We can also get slammed really well if there is a multi-lake connection along with that flow. It usually only last several hours, but those are the events where I've seen it snow 2 to 3 inches in an hour since moving here. It even snowed 5 inches an hour for about a half hour last year. That was incredible!!!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

We can also get slammed really well if there is a multi-lake connection along with that flow. It usually only last several hours, but those are the events where I've seen it snow 2 to 3 inches in an hour since moving here. It even snowed 5 inches an hour for about a half hour last year. That was incredible!!!!

We used to get decent LES here but not the past 3 winters.  Regardless, the more reliable LES is north of here or now W and SW of here.  I don't take any NWP seriously until inside 72 hrs. It's mostly crap beyond that, other than seeing large scale pattern trends.

• Like 2

I’ve watched Syracuse University football in the Carrier Dome for the last 40 years. In September it can be a sauna in there although that’s because until last year there was no air conditioning. Later in the year it is great for fans to be able to watch games in shirt sleeves when it’s freezing outside. It’s always a perfect environment for the players with no wind or rain or snow. In fact, without having to worry about drainage the field is flat, no crown.   But for the Bills, aren’t the elements part of the character of the team?  The other thing to factor in is the increased cost of building a domed stadium versus an open air stadium?  I’m not sure where the funding for a new stadium in Buffalo is coming from but that extra cost could be a deal breaker. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, rochesterdave said:

18z GFS OTS for Friday. It’ll be fun to watch NWS BUF come alive in the next few days regarding the LES potential. I look forward to their breathless DISCOS. 
Seriously though, you guys are due. 

It’s already in discussion…I’m just terrible at posting them