• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

31 minutes ago, tim123 said:

Way out there but been consistent at time frame. Has this band over rochester for 24 hours. 

Screenshot_20220102-233730_Samsung Internet.jpg

I'd take some of that. Once in a while BGM can score a decent LES event when the flow is just right. Usually just nuisance advisory level, but sometimes a warning level event if there enough moisture and upstream connection and the flow catches the long axis of Cayuga Lake. November 2016 around Thanksgiving was one of the bigger LES events that I can remember around here, though I think that was more of a hybrid synoptic/lake effect event. BGM scored like 27" over a 2+ day period I believe. 

Screenshot_20220103-000551_Chrome.thumb.jpg.2e6ddd89dc70c7f29b29d1e618e016f6.jpg

https://youtu.be/zMExFRU7nNM

https://www.weather.gov/bgm/pastWinterNovember212016

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BGM Blizzard said:

I'd take some of that. Once in a while BGM can score a decent LES event when the flow is just right. Usually just nuisance advisory level, but sometimes a warning level event if there enough moisture and upstream connection and the flow catches the long axis of Cayuga Lake. November 2016 around Thanksgiving was one of the bigger LES events that I can remember around here, though I think that was more of a hybrid synoptic/lake effect event. BGM scored like 27" over a 2+ day period I believe. 

Rochester got 15 to 20 from that. Almost nothing on lakeshore up near Hamlin. Lake was to warm.