• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

3 minutes ago, Syrmax said:

So while we are staring at thermometers waiting for the pot to boil, so to to speak, I observed this.  Again.  

Screenshot_20220101-224157_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20220101-224219_Chrome.jpg

Yeah, their thermometer is off, as I've been saying for months. I mean, so many months of being the "warmest above average" compared to all the other cities...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Yeah, their thermometer is off, as I've been saying for months. I mean, so many months of being the "warmest above average" compared to all the other cities...

At some point, you would think they might attempt to figure out what's going on, esp since are using that data to make statements about record warmth.  Same out in Buffalo. 

• Like 1

Just now, tim123 said:

How long does the nws ignore what gfs is showing in NC and VA. 

I was surprised at the AFDs basically blowing off the GFS without a whole lot of reservation. They've been basking in record high temps in the 70s down there so maybe that's a factor.  

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

But now it's most guidance... might have egg on their face.

Blacksburg's AFD does discuss it more than the last one I read out of Sterlin VA, but I think they are figuring warm sfc temps will limit accumulations and the timing of changeover is tricky, etc etc.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Syrmax said:

Blacksburg's AFD does discuss it more than the last one I read out of Sterlin VA, but I think they are figuring warm sfc temps will limit accumulations and the timing of changeover is tricky, etc etc.

If it can accumulate in NYC during the day in Oct, those ridiculous rates will cause problems.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, tim123 said:

I honestly think they tinker with data and instruments to fit a narrative.

It's strange...because Albany and Rochester's have actually had issues on the other end with being too cold. So I'm not sure about that? As we all know (because of yours truly...lol), the Syracuse thermometer has been HOT HOT the past two years.

Just now, Ericjcrash said:

If it can accumulate in NYC during the day in Oct, those ridiculous rates will cause problems.

GFS probably overdone but a plowable snowfall looking pretty likely across that area. DCA might have more snow than Albany and bunch of other MA and NE sites after Monday. We need to cash in on the D5-6 event, that's all I can say.

2 minutes ago, Ericjcrash said:

Yeah, the snowfalls we've had here this year have come a day or two after temps in the 50 to 70 degree range and have accumulated ok. They definitely melt much faster afterwards though!