• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Upstate/Eastern New York-Pattern Change Vs Tughill Curse?

40 minutes ago, tim123 said:

That showing a mix in already in western ny

I think that’s wrong. Plain rain and 37 here in Derby. I’m expecting about 1-3” here with more of a mix than in the north towns. I think you could see 3-5” Thinksnow, from you to Rochester and just east of there before amounts really drop off as you head towards TugHillMatt. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, TugHillMatt said:

Rain to dry slot to mix to downsloping to scattered NW wind lake effect snow showers to snow melt 24 hours later = dusting to 1 inch snowfall = Syracuse new snowfall normals

Not what a new Northern Onondaga County resident wants to hear after finally making it up here !

Whatever the final tally is up here by April it's destined to be more than NYC's Central Park has ever had in a season which was around 76 inches in 1995-1996

I'm not expecting 130" + so anything 75 inches or higher will be more than I have seen in nearly 25 years on Long island/NYC

1 minute ago, sferic said:

Not what a new Northern Onondaga County resident wants to hear after finally making it up here !

Whatever the final tally is up here by April it's destined to be more than NYC's Central Park has ever had in a season which was around 76 inches in 1995-1996

I'm not expecting 130" + so anything 75 inches or higher will be more than I have seen in nearly 25 years on Long island/NYC

Hey, it's just been an awful run for the past several years. Probably the worst patterns for Upstate New York...and even more so for Syracuse. I don't really know what the heck is going on, but it's been like a broken record. I know it's not ALWAYS going to be like this. (At least I hope not). Some of the things I mentioned are legit, they've just been more extreme than usual. But, again, what HASN'T been more extreme than normal?! Mild winters are no good for lake effect towns that get their averages from robust lake effect snow events. You SHOULD expect 130 inches...that's the normal! lol... but coming from NYC, most winters would still seem much better. Even the last two garbage winters at least had a few weeks of decent winter that still outshines NYC's winters.

• Like 1