Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

34 minutes ago, dendrite said:

MEX numbers are 0F+ for LCI and CON, but I think I’d undercut that. 

I’d assume Jan 19 was the last time you were well below 0F. 

Jan 2019 was pretty legit. Coldest max high at ORH since Jan 1994. 

Last year I think many of the rad spots went below 0F pretty easily but ORH had a low of 0F. Second year in a row not breaking 0F. Last time that happened I think was the 2000-2001 and 2001-2002 winters. 

56 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Fluff is fun for about 30 min after it falls, and then you get aggravated by how it compacts.

…said almost nobody in the entirety of the world …ever?

Maybe it just sounds strange because of the way you wrote it.  You probably meant to write something more straightforward like:

“I’m some sort of snow-coveting weather weenie who is obsessed with amount of snow I have on the ground.  I get irrationally aggravated when I fool myself into thinking I got more snow than I did from any given storm, and then I feel like less of a person when I try to compare my snow depths with surrounding locales in the region and my band of similarly snow-obsessed buddies.”

Just be more precise with your language so that you don’t come off sounding like such a weirdo.

• Haha 7
  • Confused 1
  • Weenie 5

2 minutes ago, J.Spin said:

…said almost nobody in the entirety of the world …ever?

Maybe it just sounds strange because of the way you wrote it.  You probably meant to write something more straightforward like:

“I’m some sort of snow-coveting weather weenie who is obsessed with amount of snow I have on the ground.  I get irrationally aggravated when I fool myself into thinking I got more snow than I did from any given storm, and then I feel like less of a person when I try to compare my snow depths with surrounding locales in the region and my band of similarly snow-obsessed buddies.”

Just be more precise with your language so that you don’t come off sounding like such a weirdo.

Sometimes I wonder if you bleed oil. It was a joke. :lol:  Just having fun. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Because it's a recipe for a screw job here....how do you blame me after the past 4 years? How did you do in the Dec 2019 and 2/1/21 events? My only two great events of the period...I rest my case.

I wasn’t necessarily meaning here. I meant even for Will and CT. Fwiw areas to my south had much less so it wasn’t just a SE MA deal or CJ. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Lol you knew jspin would bite on the scooter post. 

Yeah, Coastal always says he loves when J.Spin comes in and drops the hammer, but there are only so many opportunities, so you have to take advantage when he indicates that it’s time for a fresh one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, J.Spin said:

Yeah, Coastal always says he loves when J.Spin comes in and drops the hammer, but there are only so many opportunities, so you have to take advantage when he indicates that it’s time for a fresh one.

I like feisty Jspin.  You know we joke around. 

6 hours ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Cosmic dildo penetration exhibit #4331434334338 from the past several years...this terd in the punch bowl out west prevents what looked like a sure fire phase here...instead, this run plays pin the pretend snow on the inverted donkey.

Piss off.png

In terms of specific threats nothing jumps out, but the general pattern looks pretty weenie-ish to me.  Chance after chance for at least the next two weeks.

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I might have a different opinion if it kept falling. :lol:   It was more to make a joke. I knew it would fire up the upslope community. Lol. 
My snow is rather fluffy, but was wetter than the champagne stuff some had. It compacted a bit, but not to the extent the champagne stuff does. 

They are starting to crack up here a little bit. Don’t let the cool facade fool you. :)  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

They are starting to crack up here a little bit. Don’t let the cool facade fool you. :)  

Yeah you can tell jspin and the VT crew is secretly ready to melt if there aren’t any big ticket upslope events soon or a huge QPF base builder. A coastal that croaks NH and ME but doesn’t stall up near CAR might put them over the edge. 

10 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah you can tell jspin and the VT crew is secretly ready to melt if there aren’t any big ticket upslope events soon or a huge QPF base builder. A coastal that croaks NH and ME but doesn’t stall up near CAR might put them over the edge. 

He’s gonna get some upslope probably tomorrow night and Monday too.

19 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

All joking aside, I’d be pretty surprised if most of New England doesn’t get a few good events in the next 2-3 weeks just looking at the pattern. 

343968CB-BFD4-4243-8EE5-147076ACD0E0.png

C7147F82-1A26-41A2-9A62-6337DE5FFEC0.png

Very respectable pattern for January. You can see the Nino influence as well so maybe we could get a juicier system via STJ. 

Would love a classic Miller A bomb. 

53 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jan 2019 was pretty legit. Coldest max high at ORH since Jan 1994. 

Last year I think many of the rad spots went below 0F pretty easily but ORH had a low of 0F. Second year in a row not breaking 0F. Last time that happened I think was the 2000-2001 and 2001-2002 winters. 

In the past 100 years there was that, a 1 in '94, a 0 in '81, -2 in '68, 1 in '62 and 0 in '57. And that was only other time with consecutive winters above 0.

The 2016 cold snap to -16 at ORH and -9 at BOS (in both cases, coldest since 1957) is still impressive since it was such an otherwise lackluster winter. Especially when it went to 53˚ two days later.