Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 2022 Obs/Disco

NorEastermass128

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Wait...some were hoping this system could still make it up here?

Lol I don’t think anyone thought your area, but an inch or two on the south coast is the hope after the crazy trends today, even though it’s still less than a 10% chance here. Just checked I’m 215 miles south of you, 215 miles SE from me is Salisbury MA who might get 4-8” with a forecast of 0.1” by their local weather service currently.

Overall the super south track dumping snow where it is on most models up to this point:… it just seems sort of less likely to happen overall. How often does the Delaware coast get plastered versus Southern New England coast? Not much. It happens. But you know I think it’s true it’s statistically less likely to have that track. That must mean something, right?

Cape could def get clipped by the goods with one more tick NW on some of these solutions. 

Back in the interior we are toast barring another 2/5/16 trend. These systems are always ugly though on the northern edge of the QPF gradient. Tons of dry air and a stiff N or NNW wind vector. So you really need to be a solid 30 miles into the modeled precip shield to feel decent about getting anything. 

• Like 1

The 0z RGEM trimmed the northern edge just slightly. Just a brush for the Cape. The significant trends over the past day have been in VA, MD, and DE as the southern stream is modeled increasingly robust. But there's not much room for this wave to bend the flow further up the coast due to the northern stream height field, so the precipitation bump doesn't translate much northeast up the coast.

We still need a major change aloft to get precipitation NW of coastal NJ and the eastern Cape and Islands.

Soundings are still really dry in EPA, NJ, CT etc on the GFS. I don't trust the northern edge at all.  I love the trends and the GFS looks pretty good at H5 at 30 hours. But the RGEM looks much more reasonable IMO. Same with the 18z EC.

Remember when people were calling this wave anafrontal :lol: I really really hope this keeps on trending, but I think expectations should remain low north of the Delmarva.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

We need the northern stream to be weaker and sheared but it isn’t playing ball. That southern vort keeps strengthening but if the northern one does too then it’s prob not enough for us. 

Chris was talking about the competing forces there earlier and it’s a good way to put it. 

Yeah agree. Bruce Willis already in the sewer grate ready to hop out and wave his flags at me. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, IowaStorm05 said:

Overall the super south track dumping snow where it is on most models up to this point:… it just seems sort of less likely to happen overall. How often does the Delaware coast get plastered versus Southern New England coast? Not much. It happens. But you know I think it’s true it’s statistically less likely to have that track. That must mean something, right?

Especially in a raging La Niña, climo favors this to jump north. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, eduggs said:

Soundings are still really dry in EPA, NJ, CT etc on the GFS. I don't trust the northern edge at all.  I love the trends and the GFS looks pretty good at H5 at 30 hours. But the RGEM looks much more reasonable IMO. Same with the 18z EC.

Remember when people were calling this wave anafrontal :lol: I really really hope this keeps on trending, but I think expectations should remain low north of the Delmarva.

Yea, the model QPF hallucinators are in for a rude awakening.