Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s awesome.

6” here.  Lower Village guy had 5.5” on 0.65” water… which is an 8.4 to 1 ratio.

Right in line with the ratios expected.  No upslope fluff.

Healthy QPF dump.

I think the more ragged nature of the system made for some weird distribution of amounts. I measured both what fell in my gauge and took a core sample and got 0.36" and 0.38".

The ASOS measured 0.58" and @tunafish had 0.73" on the other side of the Jetport. That's like 7 or 8 miles as the crow flies.

Then heading north QPE is back up to around 0.5" by the time you reach GYX.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tunafish said:

That coastal enhancement really pounded last night.  Still coming down right now too.

The gradient on CoCoRaHS looks to be SW to NE, higher totals to the SW of Casco Bay dropping off towards Brunswick.

What did you have around midnight, because that's when it looked like it was really going to town on radar.

31 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s awesome.

6” here.  Lower Village guy had 5.5” on 0.65” water… which is an 8.4 to 1 ratio.

Right in line with the ratios expected.  No upslope fluff.

Healthy QPF dump.

6.25” here. Will bust out the snow blower for the first time this season. 

Just now, tunafish said:

@OceanStWx

Speaking of midnight, why are the observation times 700/1300/1900 then midnight, not 0100? I mean I appreciate the extra hour of sleep but seems odd to have a 5 hour window (and subsequently 7 hour).

For one we can get the midnight to midnight totals easier that way, and two you do get the extra hour sleep ;)

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, tunafish said:

My midnight observation was 2.8" new, on 0.32" liquid. First observation at 7PM was 2.0" on 0.17" liquid.

I'm only 3 miles from the jetport as the crow flies.  

I didn't measure when I got home at 8, but I only had 2.7" just before midnight so you already had the 2 inch lead on me. Seems like it was that coastal front enhancement.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

What a gorgeous morning. A very thick dense snow, sticking to everything and should be a good base to start the snow pack. One stick had about 5 inches the other six in the other somewhere around 6 1/2. I’m going to call at 5.75 inches, a little less than Brian has as is usually the  case.image.jpeg.5349b6fa1f6848ad0c52cb58a9d406e3.jpeg 

image.jpeg

Isn’t man snow so much better?

14 minutes ago, tunafish said:

My midnight observation was 2.8" new, on 0.32" liquid. First observation at 7PM was 2.0" on 0.17" liquid.

I'm only 3 miles from the jetport as the crow flies.  

Screenshot_20211219-090407_Maps.jpg

Good morning t f when I was young, a dream of mine was to settle in Portland. I wanted to look west to hills and mountains, east to my beloved ocean and still enjoy the beauty of the cold season. My dreams sadly ended up, as best described by this line in the Evans/Livingston song, “they just lie there and they die there”. Have a wonderful, bountiful season, as always ….

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, rclab said:

Good morning t f when I was young, a dream of mine was to settle in Portland. I wanted to look west to hills and mountains, east to my beloved ocean and still enjoy the beauty of the cold season. My dreams sadly ended up, as best described by this line in the Evans/Livingston song, “they just lie there and they die there”. Have a wonderful, bountiful season, as always ….

Thanks, I feel pretty fortunate to be here, and to have settled here before it became the place to be.  Within 5 minutes of my house I can see Mt. Washington (on a clear day), and take a dip in the Atlantic.  Not many places and make that claim.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, rclab said:

We plan to in a couple years when  my wife retires for the exact reasons you mentioned.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rclab said:

Good morning DS. I pray you do. The beauty will still be there and the cold season will be made perfect with the wonderful warmth by your side. As always ….

My sister lives just south of Portland and always does much better snow wise that I do here., plus it's a 10 minute ride to the beach.

• Like 1