Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Drive home featured lots of needles with the odd solo dendrite. Makes sense when you consider that we didn’t hit -10 until 578 mb on the balloon.

No surprises.  Playing out almost exactly as though.  I think it’s called AWT?  The ski trails need a good shot of QPF regardless of inches of snow, ha.

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

No surprises.  Playing out almost exactly as though.  I think it’s called AWT?  The ski trails need a good shot of QPF regardless of inches of snow, ha.

Yeah, I think my snow map would’ve been a little more conservative than ours yesterday afternoon but I was overruled 2 to 1. :(

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

In your professional opinion.  VT or NH/ ME better overall on this one. Asking for a met 

I would say it’s close, someone either in the southern Greens or around Sunapee might jack. Like freak said, someone who does well in blocked southeast flow that helped during the day today before the goodies tonight.

• Like 1

Took the dog out for her evening walk and saw the snow depth stake showing 5” but after measuring on the elevated board it’s 4.3”.  That’s the difference between measuring on grass vs flat firm surface, ha.

A good, dense synoptic snowfall that is inside the forecast range expected.  Should be able to add 1-2” to that overnight as flow goes NW and likely be in a 0.50-0.60” water range?

Looks and feels much more like winter.  Will ensure a White Christmas given the thicker synoptic density.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Some coastal enhancement happening right over PWM, can see it on radar.  Eyeballing close to 4".

https://weather.cod.edu/satrad/?parms=local-S_Maine-comp_radar-24-1-100-1&checked=map&colorbar=undefined

Happening just on the cold side of the coastal front. Good news is the front seems to be holding if not drifting farther offshore.

• Like 1

Just an :axe: of a storm here. 1.2" of snow before sleet changeover at 3:30 pm, which was sooner than even the warmest of the guidance had forecast. Light freezing rain now and everything is crusted over. Just awful. I really hate these storms when it's 25° F and sleet here while it's 33° F and snow in the Merrimack Valley.

I was expecting 4-6" of snow and sleet, but that wound up about 50-60 miles north of me. Total bustogenesis!