Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Overunning Mixed Event 12/18-12/19/21

dryslot

7 minutes ago, DomNH said:

No doubt in my mind that the ML warmth pushes in faster and further north than modeled. We see this every single time. I like a 3-6'' thump Rt. 2 and north into SNH, then scalping. Wouldn't go for warning level amounts south of MHT or so.

This also doesn't come in like a wall of S+ like some other SWFE...this is probably going to be putrid 1 mile type SN- with garbage flakes for the first 4-6 hours...it really doesn't start getting going until mid-event which by then, the scalping will be pretty far north.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DomNH said:

No doubt in my mind that the ML warmth pushes in faster and further north than modeled. We see this every single time. I like a 3-6'' thump Rt. 2 and north into SNH, then scalping. Wouldn't go for warning level amounts south of MHT or so.

Agree...High bust percentage for tomorrow.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

This also doesn't come in like a wall of S+ like some other SWFE...this is probably going to be putrid 1 mile type SN- with garbage flakes for the first 4-6 hours...it really doesn't start getting going until mid-event which by then, the scalping will be pretty far north.

Yeah, for sure. Gun to my head I'm guessing this tops out as 3-4'' of sand here before the pellets. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea, Paul has done a great job hitting on some of the limitations with this event....echoes this sentiment.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, Paul has done a great job hitting on some of the limitations with this event....echoes this sentiment.

You never want to see the vortmax kind of sheared and tracking through Ottawa and Montreal for a big front end thump....you typically want that more consolidated and closer to us.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You never want to see the vortmax kind of sheared and tracking through Ottawa and Montreal for a big front end thump....you typically want that more consolidated and closer to us.

The biggest issue especially ORH south is there’s no front end thump.  That’s how we get our snow in these.  That’s why it’ll start out as sleet / ice. With no antecedent cold.. we don’t get the normal 2-4 hours of heavier snow . 

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

The biggest issue especially ORH south is there’s no front end thump.  That’s how we get our snow in these.  That’s why it’ll start out as sleet / ice. With no antecedent cold.. we don’t get the normal 2-4 hours of heavier snow . 

Yeah the precip shield looks pretty cruddy when it's cold enough for snow...and it may never snow south of HFD. You'll prob start as some snow....it would be the type of thing where the cruddy precip shield has you starting as sleet, and then it goes over to snow as the better lift moves in and then back to sleet as the warm layer intrudes.

But yeah the dynamics look pretty weak sauce, so I'm not expecting more than a couple inches here...I'd consider a couple inches a win actually. It wouldn't be shocking if its like 0.5-1" or something and then sleet crud for hours.

5 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You have to love how something as simple as a SWFE has a ton of caveats. Garbage antecedent airmass, weak sauce wall of predication moving in, etc etc. 

I know it’s only 12/17, but this season has been a total tease so far 

It's a crap pattern. A tease would be striking out in a good pattern. Nothing has looked good inside 5 days.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Damage In Tolland said:

There’s just no front end thump with marginal cold . So you lose that . And midlevel warming always comes in faster than modeled. As long as we get good icing I’ll be content . Just gotta hope Xmas Eve storm holds 

What's Ekster's t-shirt idea? The snow starts sooner but so does the sleet.