• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Met Winter 2021 - 2022 Banter

HoarfrostHubb

Good news keeps rolling in these days. My wife is a medical receptionist, and her insurance is great, and cheap. We pay about $73 per pay for myself and her.

Her company is ending its partnership with their hospital affiliate. Insurance Bi weekly premium is staying $73, but there are now co pays and a $1000 yearly deductible. And  of course, there will be no raise to compensate for this.

Basically, they just got porked.

15 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Good news keeps rolling in these days. My wife is a medical receptionist, and her insurance is great, and cheap. We pay about $73 per pay for myself and her.

Her company is ending its partnership with their hospital affiliate. Insurance Bi weekly premium is staying $73, but there are now co pays and a $1000 yearly deductible. And  of course, there will be no raise to compensate for this.

That’s still a good value these days. Monthly premium for our Anthem plan we offer at work is $1100 per month for a couple with a $6000 per year deductible, we pay 50% of premium for but it’s still a big cost for the employees.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

You are lucky your premium is not changing.

Insurance costs have absolutely skyrocketed the last two years. They were already high and rising for like a decade plus, but COVID sent them really soaring.

It's becoming unsustainable, and salaries will need to be cut or benefits dropped for some small businesses. It's not even a profit thing in some cases, just a staying afloat thing.

40% increase since last year for us. That's nuts.

Something has to change with this.

56 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s not that bad, all things considered. Health insurance costs have gotten out of control, your premiums could certainly have jumped up. 

While we lead in medical research and big disease care like cancer, we struggle in other areas. For example, we have the highest cost…which doesn’t equate to the highest care. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-our-healthcare-system-broken-202107132542

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/05/global-health-rankings/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnno said:

That’s still a good value these days. Monthly premium for our Anthem plan we offer at work is $1100 per month for a couple with a $6000 per year deductible, we pay 50% of premium for but it’s still a big cost for the employees.

1 hour ago, PhineasC said:

You are lucky your premium is not changing.

Insurance costs have absolutely skyrocketed the last two years. They were already high and rising for like a decade plus, but COVID sent them really soaring.

It's becoming unsustainable, and salaries will need to be cut or benefits dropped for some small businesses. It's not even a profit thing in some cases, just a staying afloat thing.

40% increase since last year for us. That's nuts.

Something has to change with this.

29 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That’s not that bad, all things considered. Health insurance costs have gotten out of control, your premiums could certainly have jumped up. 

While we lead in medical research and big disease care like cancer, we struggle in other areas. For example, we have the highest cost…which doesn’t equate to the highest care. 

https://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/is-our-healthcare-system-broken-202107132542

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/08/05/global-health-rankings/

The premium not changing is kind of smoke and mirrors though. Unless you literally don’t go to the doctors. One or two visits and you’re in the hole 2 grand. I misspoke earlier, it’s 2 grand, not one.

when you don’t make a lot of money, that kind of increase dumped in your lap kind of sucks. People at her work are understandably not happy.

12 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

That’s an insanely good plan still (depending on the copays)

10 hours ago, dendrite said:

I'd love a $2k deductible. lol

8 hours ago, DavisStraight said:

My wife works at a big insurance company and we've always had good insurance, this year they changed and we now have a $5,000  deductible. Its ridiculous.

35 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

That’s an insanely good plan still (depending on the copays)

I think people are kind of missing the point though. It’s a huge change for a lower level/ lower wage employee. And it’s all at once.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

I think people are kind of missing the point though. It’s a huge change for a lower level/ lower wage employee. And it’s all at once.

It is a cost that you weren’t paying for before so that is a kick in the nuts, but compared to what others are paying it is still very inexpensive.  My premium is several orders of magnitude higher. 

• Like 2

So I wasn’t able to get pics of the front of the car as it was pouring rain and I was holding my daughter. A nice lady who was behind us saw it happened and allowed us to sit her car while we waited for the police. Oh and she gave me an umbrella. I wish I had gotten her number to give the umbrella back and thank her. She said she was scared for us so she was relieved we were ok. Apparently the cars behind her though were honking not knowing what had happened and then a bunch of guys got out and moved the tree to make the road passable. Not concerned one bit for the smashed car or the folks involved lol. 

When I came around the bend, it didn’t look real for a split second but I jammed on the breaks and braced for impact. There was that fraction of time where I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. The good thing is my car kept rolling forward after impact, I don’t know how though. Maybe I split the tree and rolled over it? It doesn’t look like it so I honestly don’t know how I got 10-20yds past the tree. All I know is when I opened my eyes I smelled smoke and my dad instincts took over so I quickly got my daughter out of the back seat and got us away. 

EoXty65.jpg
OgPSp9Z.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So I wasn’t able to get pics of the front of the car as it was pouring ran and I was holding my daughter. A nice lady who was behind us saw it happened and allowed us to sit her car while we waited for the police. Oh and she gave me an umbrella. I wish I had gotten her number to give the umbrella back and thank her. She said she was scared for us so she was relieved we were ok. Apparently the cars behind her though were honking not knowing what had happened and then a bunch of guys got out and moved the tree to make the road passable. Not concerned one bit for the smashed car or the folks involved lol. 

When I came around the bend, it didn’t look real for a split second but I jammed on the breaks and braced for impact. There was that fraction of time where I closed my eyes and hoped for the best. The good thing is my car kept rolling forward after impact, I don’t know how though. Maybe I split the tree and rolled over it? It doesn’t look like it so I honestly don’t know how I got 10-20yds past the tree. All I know is when I opened my eyes I smelled smoke and my dad instincts took over so I quickly got my daughter out of the back seat and got us away. 

EoXty65.jpg
OgPSp9Z.jpg

Glad everyone's ok, goes to show there are some nice people in this world.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

So I wasn’t able to get pics of the front of the car as it was pouring ran and I was holding my daughter. A nice lady who was behind us saw it happened and allowed us to sit her car while we waited for the police. Oh and she gave me an umbrella. I wish I had gotten her number to give the umbrella back and thank her. She said she was scared for us so she was relieved we were ok. Apparently the cars behind her though were honking not knowing what had happened and then a bunch of guys got out and moved the tree to make the road passable. Not concerned one bit for the smashed car or the folks involved lol. 

EoXty65.jpg
OgPSp9Z.jpg

Those guys probably saw you were okay, at least I hope that's why they seemed to ignore you.  Looks like maybe a well-rotted EAB victim met a wind it couldn't stand up to.

The worst part of ADHD is being lumped in with people who get addicted to Adderall or something like it when they don’t have ADHD, and college kids using it for an advantage.

I think being judged by people for having ADHD is because they are jealous and ignorant, but when you take ADHD medication as prescribed, it DOESNT MAKE YOU HIGH. 

Treating ADHD will make someone who has ADHD feel like the normal way that normal people take for granted in feeling all the time.

There is nothing to be jealous of because when you think about the consequences that would unfold if you lose access to the medication, it’s actually pretty scary. 

Society at large gives the few people who actually suffer a bad name. 

There is some overlap and discussion out there if misdiagnosis of autism that looks like ADHD, and comorbidity between Autistic Spectrum and ADHD, but it’s not that substantial in argument just because psychostimulants are known to relieve some of the neurological abnormalities seem in people with autism anyway.

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I'm following the 3 Kiev airport obs to see if they keep reporting.

What were you doing when WW3 started?. Well son I was doing 3 things, watching the best Men's BB game in years PC triple OT against Zavier, looking at weather computer models for an incoming snowstorm and looking at Twitter live feeds with bombs going off in Ukraine 

• Sad 1

Just now, HIPPYVALLEY said:

There won't be much resistance from the Donbas region since the majority are pro-Russian.   I think all we see from NATO and the US is sabre rattling and sanctions.  

China is watching how this unfolds to see whether we'll do anything about Taiwan. The world order is going to be tested.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

What were you doing when WW3 started?. Well son I was doing 3 things, watching the best Men's BB game in years PC triple OT against Zavier, looking at weather computer models for an incoming snowstorm and looking at Twitter live feeds with bombs going off in Ukraine 

I was eating a big ass salad and watching the first strikes reported live. And oh yeah, some wx models.