Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
October Discussion: Bring the Frost-Hold the Snow

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Got me!  The horizontal lower branches faked me out.

The pin oaks are just starting to turn but 85% or so of those leaves will still be there next March..............:lol:

Both of those were planted at the same time too, But the one on the left was struck by lightning and slowed its growth until its trunk healed.

IMG_6608.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Saguaro said:

These past three days, IZG has been warmer than the Phoenix AZ area:

10/12
KIZG: 78
KFFZ: 68

10/13
KIZG: 81
KFFZ: 74

10/14 so far
KIZG: 78
KFFZ: 72

Today's highs ended up being:

KIZG: 79

KFFZ: 77

Tomorrow's forecast calls for mid 80s at FFZ and mid 60s at IZG, so this stretch looks like it's over.

I don’t have a problem with snow in the last week of October or the first week of November…

How we get that done/detail is obviously negotiable from this time range - but I’ve been telling you guys for over a week that the longer range Teleconnectors have been flagging colder synoptic turn for the eastern continent. 

• Like 1

Reiterating… In 2011 we had a week like this in early to mid October and then we snowed at the end of the month - that’s not an analog to this year per se or anything but it does at least exemplify how it’s not unprecedented; and obviously snowing in October has definitely become that way

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

I’ll take the foot of snow in S NH on the 28’th of October . Until Will says late October snow is a negative , I’m never going to root against October snow ...like its some bad voodoo 

October 28 = Bad.

November 1 = Good to go.

72 hours apart.  Winter fans aren’t superstitious.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Reiterating… In 2011 we had a week like this in early to mid October and then we snowed at the end of the month - that’s not an analog to this year per se or anything but it does at least exemplify how it’s not unprecedented; and obviously snowing in October has definitely become that way

hoping we can get two years in a row with a good snow event in October.. GFS has been close

• Weenie 1