Jump to content
  • Member Statistics

    16,982
    Total Members
    7,904
    Most Online
    Dankles
    Newest Member
    Dankles
    Joined

Obs. : TROPICAL STORM Henri


DotRat_Wx
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just now, Tatamy said:

No - they are from a station on WU at Southeast Light at Mohegan Bluffs.  It’s a Davis Vantage Vue mounted on a pole on a roof top.

Alright…just wanted to be clear since when we use the station ID we usually are referring to the official airport station (ASOS/AWOS).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wonder what the winds are off the deck. 

Some of us outlined the idea that stability in the region may 'lift' the cyclonic disk of Henri above...

As I was mentioning to Brian a while back, it seems we did have some bit of a NE invasion of slightly cooler air overnight.  My lofty DPs abandoned by down, in 68/66 here, which really falls the air beneath a lighter tropical quality/buoyancy sounding type. 

If this air mass is/were/gotten entrained S into the pressure well as Henri was approaching overnight, than it's not impossible to imagine this thing is more decoupled from the surface then we may presently be considering - not that anyone isn't, per se heh.

But Block Island's winds seem low for that pressure approach.  Maybe also because it is nearing the center/axis or ... what's left of an eye in some stretch of the imagination, too

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Alright…just wanted to be clear since when we use the station ID we usually are referring to the official airport station (ASOS/AWOS).

I am sorry- I was referring to the location of the station as being on Block Island and using BID as an acronym.  My bad.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tatamy said:

I am sorry- I was referring to the location of the station as being on Block Island and using BID as an acronym.  My bad.

That’s fine…just wanted to clarify. Pressure is still dropping slowly at the airport. Almost TS force now with 32kt sustained.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I wonder what the winds are off the deck. 

Some of us outlined the idea that stability in the region may 'lift' the cyclonic disk of Henri above...

As I was mentioning to Brian a while back, it seems we did have some bit of a NE invasion of slightly cooler air overnight.  My lofty DPs abandoned by down, in 68/66 here, which really falls the air beneath a lighter tropical quality/buoyancy sounding type. 

If this air mass is/were/gotten entrained S into the pressure well as Henri was approaching overnight, than it's not impossible to imagine this thing is more decoupled from the surface then we may presently be considering - not that anyone isn't, per se heh.

But Block Island's winds seem low for that pressure approach.  Maybe also because it is nearing the center/axis or ... what's left of an eye in some stretch of the imagination, too

The light inversion def might be a problem to the NW of the track getting some better winds.

NAM actually probably has the best winds starting in the MVY area and then slowly working NW (while also weakening) through SE MA and adjacent RI because the inversion mixes out there.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The light inversion def might be a problem to the NW of the track getting some better winds.

NAM actually probably has the best winds starting in the MVY area and then slowly working NW (while also weakening) through SE MA and adjacent RI because the inversion mixes out there.

What are you thinking for our area?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...