Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Quincy says no big deal..we safe now. 

There will be some inland outages too, but I can’t imagine anything widespread or long term away from the areas near the landfall/immediate right front quadrant. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quincy said:

There will be some inland outages too, but I can’t imagine anything widespread or long term away from the areas near the landfall/immediate right front quadrant. 

Well I hope you’re right cuz EVERSOURCE is thinking just the opposite of you.  So someone will be right…?? 

I’m not quite pulling the trigger on evacuating the region, I’m betting on shelter in place.

But, I am taking this seriously. Last I checked minutes ago I am in Willimantic and I am in the NW flank of the storm. That is rain. 

with Elsa it brought our river, which I live IN, by the way, within a few feet of our window and it raced past.

Yes I live IN the river. Not near it. TEXTILE mill.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Well I hope you’re right cuz EVERSOURCE is thinking just the opposite of you.  So someone will be right…?? 

As someone who managed a utility company staging area post Hurricane Michael, it's better to overestimate power loss and have reserves ready to go than be short. 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, DotRat_Wx said:

I'm not sure why there are a few people poo-pooing damage potential for the interior. Ground is saturated and a tropical storm will cause plenty of damage up here.

Sort of agree here.  It could end up a landphoon redux and we'd get significant impact.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Maybe my tin-foil hat is too tight but I wouldn't put it past them, given the spankings they received in the past year, to come out and say how they are expecting the worst-case scenario only to "exceed expectations" when they restore to most customers within a few days.

Just now, PowderBeard said:

Maybe my tin-foil hat is too tight but I wouldn't put it past them, given the spankings they received in the past year, to come out and say how they are expecting the worst-case scenario only to "exceed expectations" when they restore to most customers within a few days.

Very true.  The hype machine is in full Affect at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, MVOyster said:

My God, call the Steamship Authority, let these guys worry about other things than your vacation …

You think they’re giving any clear answers.   Lol. 

• Weenie 1

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic