Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

1 minute ago, DotRat_Wx said:

Can someone explain to me why NHC dropped hurricane watches for the cape? I just felt like that might have been a little bit premature considering now we see this tracking back east.

They may all be tropical storm warnings by nightfall/overnight... (sarcasm)

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

No one's asking me but .. .I've never been a big fan of that for TC already engaging within a westerlies manifold/capture scenario.

That is more evidence - per my own experience - for very big dawgs that have already established their garland subsidence ring, Usually higher cat 4 and 5 beasts. When these ilk then move N and tote their circumvallate with them, they may near fronts. The front may bow out ahead. Or, a capturing upper air troughs may hesitate ..Fuji Wara a little .. like the tug of moon forcing it's gravitational host planet into a wobble.  Heh. But that sort of thing. 

Henri is a pallid over production of fantasy by picking and choosing which-ever model balances plausibility with best intensity - LOL.   Slight of hand aside, it's just not strong and it's really too late. Now that it is moving N and entangled in the web of the ridge-trough path, these large planetary structures will subsume and - think limit- development in lieu of integration.

Ok sure I hear ya.

But will it not still bring lots of rain? Because these rivers is already kind of high today. Fred saturated things quite a bit. 

I feel like even a tropical depression, a slowing one, with sustained 25mph winds would be cause for concern in the area. 

5 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Would still probably see widespread 40-50 mph gusts in CT on the NAM solution with greatest winds obviously east. Hours of those winds will bring about damage/power outages. Maybe not 100K+ but still quite a bit. Flooding will be ugly 

This is the all timer list. If the NAM is right this wouldn’t make the list.  Few days ago we were thinking it could be worse than Isaias. Hopefully the trend is right.

0E729D67-CA98-483F-96C6-50F170D4334D.png

• Like 2

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic