Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Tropical Storm Henri

wxeyeNH

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

I have a feeling we see some big downpours and storms pop today. CU looks like Miami 

Gorgeous day gonna pool it all day and party like its 1999. Al prep done.  Interesting how little wind the Euro has here. Looks decoupled, will need Scooters dry slots to mix down just like Isiasis, Irene  did. Everything goes fine until the mix. Just before we had high gusts in the 60s and trees blew down I took this as the dry slot came in.

Screenshot_20200805-104810_Gallery.thumb.jpg.947f7f651d8703e979a434c29d5e5a80.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

Your posts have been some of the best in here and I look forward to the most. Keep them up!

Thanks, I appreciate that. I actually have to hop off for a bit so if you don't see long recon posts it's not because I decided the storm was not impressive enough. :lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Quincy said:

I can’t decipher much of a synoptic level trend, but I do wonder how intensity affects this thing. Keep an eye on that today for any last minute effects on the track. 

Maybe a subtle trend for the ridge to be slightly stronger at the end? Could just be noise too:

No one's asking me but .. .I've never been a big fan of that for TC already engaging within a westerlies manifold/capture scenario.

That is more evidence - per my own experience - for very big dawgs that have already established their garland subsidence ring, Usually higher cat 4 and 5 beasts. When these ilk then move N and tote their circumvallate with them, they may near fronts. The front may bow out ahead. Or, a capturing upper air troughs may hesitate ..Fuji Wara a little .. like the tug of moon forcing it's gravitational host planet into a wobble.  Heh. But that sort of thing. 

Henri is a pallid over production of fantasy by picking and choosing which-ever model balances plausibility with best intensity - LOL.   Slight of hand aside, it's just not strong and it's really too late. Now that it is moving N and entangled in the web of the ridge-trough path, these large planetary structures will subsume and - think limit- development in lieu of integration.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

S/w is a little more north/weaker I think on this nam run. that inv trough feature in NJ takes a little longer to get inland and is a little more north vs 6z. just seems to initially be a little less “tug” on Henri initially. Of course NAM caveats, tropical and overall, apply. Henri has his own subsynoptic issues, but those have been covered enough.

26 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just beautiful clean Bermuda blues out there now with towering CU. Air has special feel. He’s coming . 

Pleezy weezie with sugar on top ... the expression is "Bahama Blue"  ...because it is derived for a pattern that is a transit of air from deep SW Atlantic Basin in a conveyor all the way up. 

The air mass does have the Bahama Blue quality to it - correct... Very pithy blue in between narrow turrets and probable bee-bee-shower pixels on rad soon enough... But this air is not originating from Bermuda.  We very rarely get a parabolic conveyor from that region of the Sargasso sea.

It's Bahama Blue. 

• Like 2

• dendrite changed the title to Tropical Storm Henri
  • dendrite unpinned this topic